SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#50843 - 09/05/03 12:34 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Yes Ted, you are not the only 7000 owner who cannot refer back to a book he doesn't own. Although the book gives a lot of information, it disappointed me a little that the information was limited to the extra features above the KN6. "Getting the most from your KN7000" gives the impression that all features are covered. Nevertheless the book is worth every penny.
Bert

#50844 - 09/05/03 03:45 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
technicsplayer Offline

Thanks, Bert.
The 7k came with SD, digital audio, and pc software, concepts that were entirely new at the time and also new to many owners. So the remit presented was to explain these functions in a way that would be fully understood and enable use by owners, but to balance this I put in sections 1 to 3 which enable a purchaser looking at the 7k for the first time to get started too.

I was also very keen on including the compact disk so you had all the tools for many hundreds of the download styles on your SD, in addition to the built in ones, all indexed and ready backed-up for SD restoration to give plenty of flexibility for the ‘traditional’ owners to get going playing songs. Many owners were either not on the net, or not getting the advantage of the styles on SD.

But at the end of the day the basic dilemma was just that rewriting the 6k book would have taken more time and made the 7k book twice as large and increased the cost significantly. If you look through the manual and imagine each subject treated as they would be in a supplementary book, you can imagine ending up with a couple of telephone directories!

#50845 - 09/05/03 08:02 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I think Technics Player did an excellent job authoring this book and I have wondered how he figures out all that is in it, in the short time he had available to work it all out and the put it into print that the layman could understand.
This is an tremendous work of art and I compliment him for his efforts. I think we would all be listening to Midi's if we didn't have TP's two books
Bebop

#50846 - 09/05/03 03:26 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right on.........big daddy.

Fran...still in Florida

#50847 - 09/05/03 06:44 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi All

I went from the 3000 to the 7000, so I do not have Alec's 6000 book, which I now know contains everything I and others have been looking for.

Someone asked the question. Is the book still available?

I need that book!....
I want that book!....
I can handle that book...oops...got thrown into a bit of a movie tirade

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#50848 - 09/05/03 08:31 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Slow down Jack N. ( haahaa)

best wihes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Hi All

I need that book!....
I want that book!....

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#50849 - 09/05/03 08:49 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Keith,
a site like Joe's would be fabulous. Problem is it takes a lot of time & work to develop it, and to keep it updated. Plus the knowledge of the instrument.
Maybe something along the lines of FAQ's could be set up and stored in a specificly designed yahoo group.They're easy enough to set up and maintain, and free. The site would only be used as a storage area.
Just a thought.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by KeithB:
Ted
Brilliant idea- if there is somebody out there who has the time, knowledge and enthusiasm. The role model, I suggest, is from the PSR forums with what Joe Waters has done for the Yamaha PSR2000. For those who haven't seen this resource I suggest the following should get you there: www.psrtutorial.com/
Regards
Keith

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#50850 - 09/05/03 09:08 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Hi All

I went from the 3000 to the 7000, so I do not have Alec's 6000 book, which I now know contains everything I and others have been looking for.

Someone asked the question. Is the book still available?

I need that book!....
I want that book!....

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Larry,
Both Technote and Walt Tenay offered this book for sale over a long period of time.
Just recently Walt Tenay offered the book again and might have some left. Let me know if you don't have his email addy.
Bebop

#50851 - 09/06/03 10:05 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Larry,
I should warn that although the vast majority of the methods and principles in the 6k book apply equally well to the 7k menus, you should remember that the practical editing examples involve styles, pads, easy composer parts and tracks etc from the 6/6500 to achieve a satisfying musical result for each of the style, voice and pad creation and editing excercises.

Since the presets on the 7k have changed, the results on 7k from following the exact instructions will be random, and can no longer be guaranteed to produce a professional sounding final result. It has to be remembered that this book was written years before the 7k appeared.

Contact Walt Tenay keybstud@sc.rr.com for details, or I have the slide show for 7k if you want a copy.
regards, Alec

#50852 - 09/08/03 11:37 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
Neil Bennett Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA
Is the name 'TECHNOTE' frowned upon here? I see so little reference to it, yet the guys there are THE GURUS when it comes to Technics instruments! Tony Pegler has created tutorial videos for all aspects of the keyboards, and they are detailed and more informative than any owner's manual. Give them a call!

Neil Bennett

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online