SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#50833 - 09/02/03 09:11 PM Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
To all my Forum gurus and friends:

It seems that, almost every day, there are comments and suggestions here in the Forum, answering questions, offering suggestions, etc. concerning ideas to use with, improve, vary, create in, etc. the Panel Memories, or the Sequencer, or the Composer and/or all the other fabulous aspects of the 6500/7000 keyboards. If you click on "Search" and enter any of these terms in the blank space, dozens of items will appear, comments from many different members. Sorting and reading them, however, takes time and a great deal of effort, and the final result is a compendium of miscellaneous and unorganized items. The basic Manual and the supplementary 7000 book are better organized, but reading them really provides just a skeleton outline of what these options are fully capable of. As for me, I just get to the point that I think I understand how something works and then a query and explanation on the Forum confounds me again.

It has occurred to me that there must be someone here with the skill, knowledge, ability, desire and willingness to write a brochure (or maybe a lengthy "tome" is actually necessary!!) to explain and elaborate each of these great functions, in a clear, concise and expanded way. (If I knew how these aspects really functioned, I would do it myself! But since I do not have the expertise to do so, I, for one, would even be willing to pay for the final resultant work. I'm sure others would, too.)

I can't believe that I am alone in my confusion! But I hope I am not considered presumptuous to suggest this idea to the Forum experts. Comments and suggestions are always gratefully accepted. Thanks to all of you who so graciously contribute every day with your wonderful comments and ideas. I have learned so much from this fabulous group of colleagues and friends that I could never repay you except in words of gratitude. So, consider them herein shouted loudly for all to hear!!!

Thanks to you all!

Ted

#50834 - 09/02/03 10:27 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Ted
Brilliant idea- if there is somebody out there who has the time, knowledge and enthusiasm. The role model, I suggest, is from the PSR forums with what Joe Waters has done for the Yamaha PSR2000. For those who haven't seen this resource I suggest the following should get you there: www.psrtutorial.com/
Regards
Keith

#50835 - 09/03/03 05:30 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Being a kn6 user, I really only kind of glance at the kn7 posts (just nosey, I guess ), but hasn't Alex written a supplement to the manual for the kn7 as he did for the kn6?
Perhaps not all subjects are covered there, but the book for the kn6 was great. Thanks again, Alex.
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-03-2003).]

#50836 - 09/03/03 06:45 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Apart from the extra facilities on the KN7000, such as the SD card and USB interface, Alec's book, "How do I Do That" for the KN6xxx, covers many of the operational features of the KN7000. As most Forum members will know, he has also written a book which covers, in detail, all the new features on the KN7000. Both books are worth their weight in Gold.
If you ain't got 'em - you're missing out on heaps of useful information.

(Cheques acceptable Alec )

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50837 - 09/03/03 04:43 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
technicsplayer Offline

thank you very much guys

It is true that very much of the 6000 book covered many aspects of using the 7000 'traditional' features, particularly the practical examples. In fact it was designed so that if you followed all the practical step by step examples creating composers, pads, sequencing, multitracking, editing etc from beginning to end of the book you would have used virtually every type of editing feature in the 6/6500 and would be in a position to use that knowledge across all the menus. The vast majority of the principles remained the same in the 7000.

Obviously it was not practical or useful to repeat all this information in the 7000 book, since many owners had already obtained the 6000 book anyway, and the remit of the 7000 book was to explain in full detail all the new concepts and features of this product, although in terms of saving, loading and organising technics/midi/mp3 work for example the 7000 book is extremely comprehensive.

#50838 - 09/03/03 05:01 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Hey! Alex is back! It's been a while, so I suppose you're deep into a manual for the new KN8000 or helping Technics get the job done right the first time?

#50839 - 09/03/03 05:31 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Bud
your answer's in my other thread!
cheers

#50840 - 09/03/03 07:55 PM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
I have Alex's book, too, but I still need some help with the KN6500. Just recently someone was talking about copying pads into the three memories at one time: A, B & C, asking how to do that. The directions started out: " Load 3" and I was lost.

#50841 - 09/04/03 03:02 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
technicsplayer Offline

the full step by step was in the 6/65 book.

to compile any set of pads from any other sets of pad files you use the custom section. Say you have 3 sets of pad files each loading as one bank A, you want arranged as 3 banks, this is not possible using the conventional menus with no single pad load option. But it is possible with a little lateral thinking:

load pad set 3
in composer menu, custom style copy, copy bank A to custom 3

load pad set 2
in composer menu, custom style copy, copy bank A to custom 2

load pad set 1
in composer menu, custom style copy, reverse the direction arrow and copy custom 2 to bank B, then copy custom 3 to bank C.

if you look at your pad banks you now have all 3 banks simultaneously filled with your choices, and can save and load all the new pads in one go.

this is not limited to banks either. Since you have phrase copy menu in the performance pads menu you can copy any single pad from any position in any bank to any other position. Thus while loading new pad banks, and bringing back previous pad banks from the custom section, you can arrange your individual pads in any bank position you like before sending them back to the custom section, then bring back each bank in turn with individual pads in whichever position you like, thus mixing pads not only from different loads but also from different banks. Bear in mind the difference between normal pads and solo pads. You are not at all limited to the arrangement preset in any bank load.

Alec

#50842 - 09/04/03 05:05 AM Re: Panel Memory; Sequencer, Editing, etc.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
thank you very much guys

It is true that very much of the 6000 book covered many aspects of using the 7000 'traditional' features, particularly the practical examples...

Obviously it was not practical or useful to repeat all this information in the 7000 book, since many owners had already obtained the 6000 book anyway...

Apparently what I am seeking is thoroughly covered in the supplementary 6000 book/ manual. However, how about us 7000 owners (like me ) who do NOT have that 6000 book? Is it available on line in Adobe format for download? Or can it still be purchased somewhere? Or maybe someone on the Forum site has a copy that he/she no longer needs/wants and can send it on to me in some form or another?

Now I understand why the 7000 book does not cover all bases; but I'm sure I'm not the only 7000 owner (and dunce when it comes to explanations of its many possibilities ) who cannot refer back to a book he doesn't own.

By the way, I want to publicly thank John C. (Bruno 123), (and many others, to be sure), for the wealth of information I have found by entering his name in "Search", as suggested by several other Forum people. He seems to be quite an expert; now all I have to do is try to make some semblance of order out of all his (and other) miscellaneous threads on the various themes covered.

Thanks to you all for all your great comments and suggestions. In spite of what you may think, I AM learning something new almost every day. Hehehe.

Ted

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online