SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#508253 - 05/11/23 01:28 AM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I appreciate all of your research Rikki. I will check them out and email you before I go off half cocked lol.

#508266 - 05/12/23 04:45 PM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie, sent you a coupon for Pianote.Hopefully works.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#508269 - 05/13/23 11:50 AM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Mighty nice of you Rikki. I am enrolled and doing great.
Thanks old friend,
Bernie

#508273 - 05/13/23 07:34 PM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
zuki Offline

Good luck Bernie. I admire your enthusiasm.

I too am always wanting to study piano and dream of the day to leave the arranger behind (well, for a couple gigs anyway). The 4X piano does nothing for me, so the excuse to buy a better acoustic was not really a good one....but

I listened to so many different boards and decided that the Nord was the coolest one available for piano, organ and synth, all wrapped up in one. This way, if piano man fails, I sure have a great board anyway! I always will have the arranger.

What I do is just take a song, a bit out of my comfort zone and keep working on it, both hands at a time. This way, I have a very cool song done and have stretched a bit for the next one.

Wish you well..zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#508275 - 05/13/23 11:49 PM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Mighty nice of you Rikki. I am enrolled and doing great.
Thanks old friend,
Bernie

Hi Bernie, so coupon worked. Fantastic. Lisa is a hoot. Bright smiley face, full of enthusiasm. Most of the other teachers are new. They weren’t there last time Idid lessons.

( can we give the “ old “ a miss. Haha😁

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#508278 - 05/14/23 01:32 AM Re: Learning Piano [Re: zuki]
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Zuki

I think you probably made a good choice with the Nord, being that it is so versatile. I went for a cheaper Korg Liano because of the sound, being semi weighted, and it's Grand Piano is taken from their top piano. I never got into piano much because of the heavy keys, but semi weighted is just right and is about 10 lbs. I too am enjoying piano style with both hands since I know most chord inversions with both. It is a new experience for me after 60 yrs of split keyboard playing. It is both intriguing and challenging to chose different left had rhythms. I am starting with slower ballads with arpeggios but eventually will introduce some octave jumps etc.
I hate to say this here, but I find I can really jam over backing tracks also. What an adventure for you, me, and Rikki.
Best to you
Bernie

#508280 - 05/14/23 07:14 PM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I went for a cheaper Korg Liano because of the sound, being semi weighted, and it's Grand Piano is taken from their top piano. I never got into piano much because of the heavy keys, but semi weighted is just right and is about 10 lbs. I too am enjoying piano style with both hands since I know most chord inversions with both. It is a new experience for me after 60 yrs of split keyboard playing. It is both intriguing and challenging to chose different left had rhythms. I am starting with slower ballads with arpeggios but eventually will introduce some octave jumps etc.
I hate to say this here, but I find I can really jam over backing tracks also. What an adventure for you, me, and Rikki.
Best to you
Bernie

Hi Bernie, had no idea what the Liano was . Looked it up. Interesting piano,
can’t believe it can run on batteries. Amazing you can connect to iPad and play backing via the speakers. ( if I read correctly).

Backing tracks, that’s how initially I used my Kawai piano. Used to record backing tracks on sx900 then play them back as MP3’s in the piano and play along.
Initially I had them in seperate rooms.

Glad you’re enjoying yourself.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#508290 - 05/16/23 07:46 AM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey Bernie,

I think it’s great you’re still seeking ways to grow musically. I picket up a used Baldwin baby grand at the end of the year. Looks great in the living room but I still got my digital ( with headphone) when I’m working on the super annoying material, which is most of the time!

I’ve been studying with a master jazz pianist at the local community who’s refining my touch and rhythmic feel. I’m sure in Florida there would many great piano teacher too, if not, there.’s a ton of on line options. I’d like to join Open Studio some day.

Congratulations on the Korg. I hope it serves you well!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#508293 - 05/17/23 02:03 AM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Hey Paul,
Thanks for the holler. I can't imagine a better teacher than yours, and can see why you are going for proper instruction. I am not as young and busy as you, so taking a more abbreviated route. I am taking advantage of the time I have not had for many years to learn the piano as part of my bucket list. I am using Pianote that Rikki suggested. It is chord based where I can take advantage of my years with the arrangers.

The best of luck to you also, in your endeavor.

Bernie

#508296 - 05/17/23 01:37 PM Re: Learning Piano [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie, how are the lessons going?😀
I’ve decided to stay on a bit longer.
There’s a heap more content and at least 6 more teachers , teaching a variety of stuff.
When I first joined 3 years ago , it was only her and a couple of offsiders.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online