SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#507767 - 02/27/23 12:24 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I must encourage you to work as hard as you can with the physical rehab. Just walking a few blocks a day is a major achievement after colon surgery. And, be extremely careful with pain killers that can cause constipation. Colon tissue heals very slowly, and the pressure of constipation could result in very serious consequences. Unfortunately, laying in a hospital bed for a week or more causes you to lose a lot of muscle, which at our age is quite difficult to regain.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507769 - 02/27/23 01:32 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks for the hard won advice. I’ll definitely be taking this to heart. ♥️

Fortunately, I’m a non smoker, 160 lbs and fairly active to start with, no diabetes or other conditions (that I know of yet!) so fairly ahead of the game to start at least. And I have never been a fan of recreational painkillers and don’t like the way they make me feel even when prescribed, so I’m going to do my level best to stay this way!

Thanks for your kind words. I live in a beautiful, safe part of Florida, so getting out and walking, especially this time of the year before it turns into Hades-on-the-Sea 🥵 will be no chore at all. Who knows, I might be able to catch some of my friends playing, for a change!

#507771 - 02/27/23 05:15 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey Diki. Glad to hear you're doing reasonably well after your ordeal. I was there about a year ago had a big one removed from center of gut. It was a stage 4 just starting to send out it's deadly tenacles to spread. I had a great surgeon and he managed to get it all. The oncologist sent me for blood work and talked about doing kemo & wanted me back for more tests but I had a good dose of the big D and there was no way I could chug 2 bottles of that stuff and sit in the office and wait for my turn without making the biggest mess they had ever seen. Now I also heard from the meds there was a test called "Gardant" that would check your blood for any sign of the cancer spreading. I got said test and it showed no signs of metastasizing so I let it go at that and so far so good. Best of luck, Gerard.

#507775 - 02/28/23 02:55 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Late to the party here but I'm glad you've made good progress, the docs were able to remove a sizable portion of "bad stuff?" and your recovery seems moving in the right direction.

Good luck, Diki....Here's hoping for a great outcome in time...

Bill

#507791 - 03/01/23 02:56 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Update.

Got released yesterday lunchtime. A very dear friend of mine with extensive experience taking care of post-op and cancer ridden friends offered her house to me while I rehab enough to be safely on my own. Still have occasional problems just getting out of bed by myself if the pain medication has wore off… Speaking of which, the discharge prescription has me taking it at half the rate as when I was in hospital, so my ‘Superman window’ only lasts so long!

But got taken out the house today, went to Walmart’s for some invalid supplies and a two month overdue haircut (during the ‘Superman window’ of course!) and got in some distance with the walker, so taking the advice to heart!

I’ll keep you posted as things progress. In the meantime, my friend kindly offered her house to all my friends for a big birthday bash on Monday. Looks like most of them can make it..!

Mo’ birthdays, mo’ betta!

#507793 - 03/01/23 05:08 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Glad to hear it's working out for you..... GOOD STUFF !!!!

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507872 - 03/08/23 04:16 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Update:

Back home by myself, finally. Went for a nice walk up to the Bay today after going with a friend to a nearby (50mile) town to visit his mother-in-law (insert song of choice!) and pick up English Easter Eggs for another friend.

Scored some 🇬🇧goodies for myself too… black pudding, Aussie meat pies, Bisto, Bird’s Custard powder, Aero bars… Don’t tell my cardiologist! 😂

Everything is healing well, feel like a million dollars, going to play this weekend. Cover me, I’m going in! 😂🎹♥️

#507875 - 03/08/23 08:21 PM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Diki, I wish the best of everything. If you were not so far from me I would visit. There is no doubt that your job will be successful, with your positive outlook.
John C.

#507886 - 03/09/23 05:51 AM Re: A brief rest… [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thanks…

Got quite a few cancer survivors among my friends. They all emphasized the importance of the positive attitude, it’s something I take extremely to heart. ♥️

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online