SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507797 - 03/02/23 01:34 PM Any shortcuts on transferring registrations to new
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
In the past, I've always rebuilt each song registration file manually when I set up a new kb.

First, I'd create folders for each genre if music I play. Standards,Country, Pop, Rock, R&B, Latin, Seasonal, etc.

Then, with both the old and the new kb side by side, I'd pick a genre to start with and rebuild the tunes in the new kb based largely on how I'd had it saved in the old one. Takes about a week or so to do all that.

Is there a way to do a bulk transfer that successfully captures all the proper styles and drops them in the new board where you want them to?

I've never felt a Yamaha board could handle that task with accuracy so, every time, I remake everything from scratch on my new keyboards through the years.

Thoughts?

Edited by Bill in Dayton (03/02/23 01:36 PM)

#507798 - 03/02/23 05:40 PM Re: Any shortcuts on transferring registrations to new [Re: Bill in Dayton]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill, are you a member of psr tutorial forum . There’s a section specifically for sx keyboards and a bunch of experts,
If no one spots your post here, might be worth asking over there. Unfortunately not something I’ve done as my prior keyboard was a Pa4x.
Might save you a lot of work, and sometimes people come up with other good suggestions. We’ve had 3 years plus to work things out.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#507804 - 03/03/23 10:03 AM Re: Any shortcuts on transferring registrations to new [Re: rikkisbears]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
All registrations from the old keyboard should work on the new one. Simply run them from a USB stick. Additional fine tuning may be required. There is a program that does the same conversion, Yamaha registration Manager.

Yamaha registration manager

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online