SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#507455 - 01/18/23 10:31 AM Re: Love the PA 4X 76 for Writing & Arranging... [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By SemiLiveMusic
Good job, you're talented! Would love to have your arranger!

You should grab one..They are probably cheaper now with the new board out...This is actually my SECOND Pa 4X 76...That's how valuable it is to me...Don't really see a need to get the PA 5X...This does everything I need

#507456 - 01/18/23 12:34 PM Re: Love the PA 4X 76 for Writing & Arranging... [Re: Steve A]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I wouldn’t hold out for a used PA4X at the moment. Korgforums is rife with pros having huge problems with bugs and missing features on the PA5X, the only people happy atm seem to be home users with a ‘turn it on and play’ approach, and the pros that would normally be trading in their old model are hanging on to them until the PA5x is gig ready…

#507457 - 01/18/23 04:44 PM Re: Love the PA 4X 76 for Writing & Arranging... [Re: Steve A]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Did the "bug" thing twice in my life, once FAILED: ENSONIQ VFX-SD...Bad solder killed the whole first batch ....they fixed it A YEAR OR A YEAR AND A HALF LATER..IT KILLED ENSONIQ as they recalled everything....

They had me send back the board and replaced the motherboard. Was good after that but this one killed Ensoniq...

I got an Early TASCAM DP24 ...sucker would shut off...you'd loseall your with crashes, I mean, DAAAAYYYYYYYYS of work....But they fixed it in a 6 month span and those issues are ancient history..But it was unnerving to work through fixes as a guinea pig...Not gonna ever do that again

Not sure how you beat the PA 4X

#507461 - 01/19/23 08:49 AM Re: Love the PA 4X 76 for Writing & Arranging... [Re: Steve A]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I hope Korg survive this blunder with the hasty rollout of the PA5X. There’s a ton of stuff that’s definitely next generation and forward looking. But first and foremost for pros is backwards compatibility, particularly with respect to sample sets (widely used my non-western musicians) and songbook compatibility. Pro’s can’t afford weeks and weeks of editing and working round bugs and missing features before they can confidently take a new arranger to the gig.

Many can only afford the new keyboard if they trade in their old one!

I know Covid threw a spanner in the works, but it is hard to accept that Korg felt that they might go under if they didn’t release the PA5X half finished and buggy as hell. I can’t honestly think of another reason to justify alienating almost their entire core pro support…

But if you’re not sure how you’d beat the PA4X, here’s my main points that I think might make up your mind…

1) vastly improved effects “ Keyboard Tracks: 3 Insert Effect; 3 Master Effects
Style/Song: 10 Insert Effects; 3 Master Effects” 10 insert effects! 🤯

2) All reports indicate a huge improvement in the D/A converters, a much more clean, open and punchy sound (relevant to all sounds and styles including legacy ones)

3) The dual style player (once they sort the issues) is a complete game changer, allowing easy mix and match of different (or similar) styles without a ton of editing. The end of style fatigue!

#507481 - 01/23/23 09:03 AM Re: Love the PA 4X 76 for Writing & Arranging... [Re: Steve A]
zuki Offline

With all the advanced and new 5X features, I sure hope they addressed the 'endings' to their styles. Half the time, people fall off their chairs on abrupt endings. PIA, with little workaround, other than fade out.

Edited by zuki (01/23/23 09:04 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online