SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#507381 - 01/07/23 07:25 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
By the way, you might take into consideration that the thread’s original poster responded to my initial post with a reasonable discussion about key feel, sound etc.. and didn’t seem to be the slightest bit miffed it wasn’t all about his piano and beautiful wife.

So I’d like to know, if the person who actually started the thread is comfortable letting the thread wander away from it’s original content, what gives you the right to step in and try to dictate what YOU want on it..?

#507382 - 01/07/23 09:06 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hey, I'm just talking about making every thread about YOU (and your amazing insights, superior intelect, and BETTER approaches or solutions to EVERY forum situation (performance, recording, instrument feature, playing technique, etc., etc., etc.). Maybe there's a place where only ONE person's opinion is always the only correct one and is ALWAYS superior to anything anyone else may think or say, but I haven't found it yet.

If there is ONE SURE THING that will kill a forum and stifle membership, it's boredom...and the presence of ONE dominant individual who seems to participate ONLY to display his IMAGINED superior knowledge and intellect for the rest of us mere mortals to be amazed and inspired by. It's not that individuals don't have anything to offer, au contraire, it's more about the smug, condescending way in which they impart it.

There used to be a lot of colorful characters on this forum, some smart, some dumb, and some in-between. Some were likable, some not so much, but the one thing they had in common is that they made it feel like a community and not a place where everything was an intellectual exercise presided over by a grand wizard with a slew of HI-TECH suggestions that a bunch of elderly LO-TECH forumites were NEVER going to try. I think that approach has been tried without success on other start-up Arranger forums.

The Arranger world is small enough as it is, let's not make it smaller by intimidating existing and prospective new members with the feeling that there is no joy to be found here, just the one thing that can kill all forums, single source dominance. If a post is technical, then a technical response is in order. If it's 'social', let's keep it social.

Of course, as usual, this is just MY opinion, and as such, is worth what most opinions are worth....ZIP.

chas

#507383 - 01/07/23 09:57 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Paul, the project had a setback, some physical problems with my right hand and wrist joint. The docs keep referring me to other docs that cannot seem to pinpoint the problem. Next stop is at the Orthopedic doc, who wants to inject steroids into my arm, which may at least give me some relief from the horrendous paint. At this point I can barely hold a glass of water in my right hand, and a half-hour of sanding with a belt sanding was just brutal. Getting old really sucks!

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507386 - 01/07/23 04:31 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Paul, that's a real beauty. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.
So happy for you and your wife.

I'm also proud that you actually advanced to posting a photo. That's great.
Now you're ready for a SZ avatar. Just reduce a photo size to 80x80 pixels. (Check Your Email)
Go for it.

Side comment question: I wonder how Liberace would handle a Genos in arranger auto accompany mode?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#507388 - 01/08/23 01:46 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: Bernie9]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Bernie9
What beauties, your new piano and your lovely wife
Bernie

Thank you Bernie!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507389 - 01/08/23 01:50 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: Bill Lewis]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Beautiful picture. the pianos nice too LOL Nothing like playing on a quality piano. Makes it hard to go back to the electronics. I wish I still had mine but my Roland FP90 is a decent standin. Happy playing !

Thanks Bill. I will still keep my Kawai and Korg digital pianos. They’ll come in handy when I’m staying up late to practice while my wife is watching her Mexican telenovelas LOL

#507390 - 01/08/23 01:56 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Paul, the project had a setback, some physical problems with my right hand and wrist joint. The docs keep referring me to other docs that cannot seem to pinpoint the problem. Next stop is at the Orthopedic doc, who wants to inject steroids into my arm, which may at least give me some relief from the horrendous paint. At this point I can barely hold a glass of water in my right hand, and a half-hour of sanding with a belt sanding was just brutal. Getting old really sucks!

All the best,

Gary cool

Sorry about the set back my friend, I’m sure that does suck. But at least you still have your intellect and sense of humor. I admire that you are still seeking new and interesting activities.

#507391 - 01/08/23 02:08 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk
Paul, that's a real beauty. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.
So happy for you and your wife.

I'm also proud that you actually advanced to posting a photo. That's great.
Now you're ready for a SZ avatar. Just reduce a photo size to 80x80 pixels. (Check Your Email)
Go for it.

Side comment question: I wonder how Liberace would handle a Genos in arranger auto accompany mode?

Thanks Larry,!

As far as Liberace, I read an interview with his piano tech, and he said that Liberace would have his pianos specially regulated to the very lightest touch. So maybe he would have been ok with the touch of a Genos. As far as using the auto accompaniment features, I’m not sure…. I know a very skilled classical pianist who had good knowledge of chords, and she came to me for help with arranger keyboards. It took her awhile to simply play LH chords and RH melody. She was always trying to play the same sophisticated left hand voicing and accomplishment patterns that played on piano but the arranger could not follow her. She had to kind relearn the basics !

#507392 - 01/08/23 02:17 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Chas and Diki, I like both of you a whole lot and appreciate what you both contribute here. Something tells me we’d get along just fine if we were having this discussion in person over some drinks or whatever. Since that’s not possible, I’m glad we have SZ, and guys like you with both musical and technology expertise and also different perspectives/ points of view. Peace and goodwill. Groove on.

#507393 - 01/08/23 03:30 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Paul, Congrats on the new piano, Beautiful trio, your wife the piano and a first class guy.

There's nothing like an acoustic piano in my book. Way back in 1975-78, I worked for the Steinway dealer in Providence, Rhode Island. Wow, there was nothing like playing the concert grands either the 9-foot Model D or even the 7-foot Model B.

You rarely see me post here and I think Chas helps explain why.

Originally Posted By cgiles
Hey, I'm just talking about making every thread about YOU (and your amazing insights, superior intelect, and BETTER approaches or solutions to EVERY forum situation (performance, recording, instrument feature, playing technique, etc., etc., etc.). Maybe there's a place where only ONE person's opinion is always the only correct one and is ALWAYS superior to anything anyone else may think or say, but I haven't found it yet.

If there is ONE SURE THING that will kill a forum and stifle membership, it's boredom...and the presence of ONE dominant individual who seems to participate ONLY to display his IMAGINED superior knowledge and intellect for the rest of us mere mortals to be amazed and inspired by. It's not that individuals don't have anything to offer, au contraire, it's more about the smug, condescending way in which they impart it.

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online