SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507104 - 11/22/22 08:58 AM Ketron Event Questions ?
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
So many questions, would love to have an "Event" owner answer.

Can I import an "Older" .pat File ?

Correct me if I am wrong..... I can select and replace style elements such as bass, drums, etc , for the style selected ? Is this known as Style Modeling ?

Am I able to select parts of one Style and use it in another Style ?

Is there any software that will help me create a new Style ?

RonP

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507105 - 11/22/22 10:35 AM Re: Ketron Event Questions ? [Re: rphillipchuk]
Dreamkeeper Offline

Loc: Germany
Good to know what style format does "Ketron Event" have?
.KST ? extended .KST ? new unkompatible extension?

Will the styles on the Event run on the current SD9, SD7, SD90 series? Maybe after the adjustment, without live bass etc.?

#507106 - 11/22/22 11:13 AM Re: Ketron Event Questions ? [Re: Dreamkeeper]
Ingres Offline

Loc: FWI
Hi
I doubt there already are Event owners...
I think the good question would rather be:
"Are .pat and .kst files compatible with EVENT? Or easyly upgradable?"
Backward compatibility rarely exists...
And one among the answers could be:
"What to do? As one would loss all the new technology and possibilities of EVENT..."

To rphillipchuck, as an Audya user, I can tell you:
- style modeling you 'view' the arranger 10 tracks (2 drums, bass, 2 low, 5 chords) and you can modify some tracks ON THE FLY with prerecorded ones; you can save the new style
- style editing allows copying style elements from one style to another ... and save the new one
- style editing is useful and allow you to create a style from scratch if you want, with up to 32 bars....
... we will know a lot very soon...

Edited by Ingres (11/22/22 11:14 AM)

#507107 - 11/22/22 11:32 AM Re: Ketron Event Questions ? [Re: Ingres]

Thanks for the interest everyone.......

Are there many Styles for the Event/Ketron ?

Are there many resources to find Ketron Styles ?

Do many users create their own Styles ?

RonP

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507113 - 11/23/22 08:30 AM Re: Ketron Event Questions ? [Re: rphillipchuk]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By rphillipchuk
So many questions, would love to have an "Event" owner answer.

Can I import an "Older" .pat File ?

Correct me if I am wrong..... I can select and replace style elements such as bass, drums, etc , for the style selected ? Is this known as Style Modeling ?

RonP

Hello.
So.
"Can I import an "Older" .pat File ?"
YES. We can directly import a .PAT style and Event automatically converts it to .KST
That is, what we have to do is go to the folder in which we placed it and press again once in order to convert it to .KST

"Correct me if I am wrong..... I can select and replace style elements such as bass, drums, etc , for the style selected ? Is this known as Style Modeling ?"
Exactly. Yes, it is done as in exactly as in the older ones (SD9, Audya) and of course with all new Audio and Midi Modeling elements.

YES. It's possible with onboard STYLE EDIT.

Yes with any DAW you want (Cubase, Reaper, Logic etc). We simply rename the style from .KST to .MID and its ready to import in our DAW for edit. When we finish it we make export as midi file (0) format and again rename as .KST and is ready to import again in Event as a style.

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (11/23/22 08:33 AM)

#507160 - 11/30/22 03:48 PM Re: Ketron Event Questions ? [Re: rphillipchuk]
crist Offline

Hello everyone, according to what I have heard on you tube, I like the sounds and drums of the ketron event, I have ketron audya 5, when I heard the ketron sd9 on you tube I said to myself this ketron sd9 keyboard is not going to beat ketron audya, and For me I can't get over it, I found it to be lacking in body, especially in the drum, but when I listen to this new ketron event, I like it, it shows that it has body in the drum and in the sounds, and I think this ketron event it will surpass ketron audya, according to what I heard on you tube, it is my impression, I am looking forward to its release, to listen to it closely, and compare it with my ketron audya5 and if it surpasses it, buy it, according to what I have heard, I like it very much balanced sound, thanks sokratis 1974 for the great information and help, thanks greetings, and greetings to all

#507162 - 11/30/22 08:35 PM Re: Ketron Event Questions ? [Re: crist]

Originally Posted By crist
Hello everyone, according to what I have heard on you tube, I like the sounds and drums of the ketron event, I have ketron audya 5, when I heard the ketron sd9 on you tube I said to myself this ketron sd9 keyboard is not going to beat ketron audya, and For me I can't get over it, I found it to be lacking in body, especially in the drum, but when I listen to this new ketron event, I like it, it shows that it has body in the drum and in the sounds, and I think this ketron event it will surpass ketron audya, according to what I heard on you tube, it is my impression, I am looking forward to its release, to listen to it closely, and compare it with my ketron audya5 and if it surpasses it, buy it, according to what I have heard, I like it very much balanced sound, thanks sokratis 1974 for the great information and help, thanks greetings, and greetings to all

Yes , it is the Ketron Sounds that makes it sound so darn realistic. They sound awesome on Youtube and I am hoping I get the same feeling when i can finally hear it in person...... But DARN it sounds so so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3deAuYNvjk

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online