Style Modeling
What does this mean? Is this similar to Yamaha's "Mix & Match"

Massive Audio Library
How do you use this resource?

Customizable Real Styles
Would love to see a video on how this is done

Unique Real Solos
Are there enough real solos?

I have so many questions but my main concern is can I easily change/adjust a style?

What is holding me back, there is no place where I can hear and play it....... I have been in contact with AJ and he has been very helpful. The videos are appreciated but we need more "Instructional"videos

The math has been done and for any Canadian who has an interest in the "Event", the cost is around $8000 Canadian. The only option that you have if the keyboard does not satisfy your needs, is to return in for a 20% restocking fee.

RonP

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507047 - 11/11/22 11:17 AM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: rphillipchuk]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
$1600 for a test drive? 😱 Pass.

With such an almost non-existent dealer network, surely Ketron would get more tryouts by sending a demo unit, just charging shipping, and sending a new unit if the sale is made.

#507056 - 11/12/22 09:55 PM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: rphillipchuk]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By rphillipchuk
Style Modeling
What does this mean? Is this similar to Yamaha's "Mix & Match"

Massive Audio Library

Customizable Real Styles

Unique Real Solos

I have so many questions but my main concern is can I easily change/adjust a style?

What is holding me back, there is no place where I can hear and play it....... I have been in contact with AJ and he has been very helpful. The videos are appreciated but we need more "Instructional"videos

The math has been done and for any Canadian who has an interest in the "Event", the cost is around $8000 Canadian. The only option that you have if the keyboard does not satisfy your needs, is to return in for a 20% restocking fee.

RonP

Style Modeling
What does this mean? Is this similar to Yamaha's "Mix & Match"..
No.. Nothing to do with Yamaha..

It is a brilliant idea from Ketron which we saw for the first time in Audya. The idea is very simple. Combining Audio Loop (Audio Drums, Audio Guitar and Sliced Grooves) and MIDI Sequences for Piano, Guitar, Bass Synthbass lines, Strings, Synthesizer, and so more. The very good thing here is that we don't need to open any editor. Everything is done by Style View.
In each Variation we can have a completely different combination of all of these except the Audio Drum because it changes but when we choose an Audio Drum it is automatically placed in all the Variations, Fill, Break etc.
Of course, add to all this that we can also Record (just like it happens in any other arranger) what we want on any channel (except Live Guitar).
Ketron in all its models (from Audya onwards) has a really huge library with all these elements (Audio and MIDI) which is called Modeling library.
Also add that we can have in the Modeling library our own (user) Audio or MIDI rhythmic elements.
I have already started the video tutorials which will talk in detail about all these topics (at the Event) to note here that really at the Event this idea literally (launches)...
I have already started the creation for the new video tutorials that will be uploaded on my YouTube channel that will talk in detail about all these topics (in the Event) I'm just waiting a few days until the Event is fully released to the market.
Let's note here that at the Event this idea goes to huge creative levels!!
However, I am very surprised that searching on YouTube I did not find any tutorial or video that shows this excellent idea in detail in its entire spectrum. And the company is probably also responsible for this, since it never promoted it.
I personally will put a lot of emphasis on this very deep area in the Tutorials I prepare. However, I found a video in Russian that shows approximately how it is done

Massive Audio Library

It is used for Style Modeling exactly as I described above.

Customizable Real Styles

Again, Style Modeling does it all here.

Unique Real Solos

Real Solos are nothing more than amazing unlooped multisamples where usually the samples are quite large and listening to them gives you the feeling for a somewhat more real result since for example on a trumpet when we press a key for a long time we can hear and maybe distinguish the sound variation that may have in a true long trumpet note. Of course in the case of the trumpet the note will be played for as long as the breath of the musician who played during the Sampling can last and then we will hear him close the note in a smooth and more real way and not constantly hearing the same sound content making recycling, (from the looping).
They are techniques that are currently used mainly in VST Libraries.
For the first time we also encountered these in Audya but then you had to load them into the sampler since they were digestible on the hard disk as INS Multisamples. Personally I avoided it because they wanted a lot of RAM which Audya didn't have enough of didn't have enough to load some of them.
Event has many of them in the sound factory library (I don't know how many yet) and in this we can include a really great new multilayer Stereo Grand Piano which has been recorded note by note and of course unlooped.

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (11/13/22 07:35 AM)

#507058 - 11/13/22 02:24 AM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Ingres Offline

Loc: FWI
Hi Sokratis
another feature, yet very useful and absent from other brands, has never been highlighted by Ketron: the possibility of accessing multitudes of functions through a pedalboard (FS 6 or 13). I could not live without it..
Are you authorized to say if this is renewed on the Event?

#507059 - 11/13/22 07:21 AM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: Sokratis 1974]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Sokratis

Thank you for taking time to explain....

As a seasoned Yamaha and Korg User, I was never exposed to the Ketron Brand. This is the only reason why I am hesitant to pull the plug. And honestly we could use more "Explanatory" videos.

Receiving an average pension makes a person more aware of financial surroundings.

I do look forward to your videos

RonP

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507060 - 11/13/22 07:39 AM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: Ingres]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By Ingres
Hi Sokratis
another feature, yet very useful and absent from other brands, has never been highlighted by Ketron: the possibility of accessing multitudes of functions through a pedalboard (FS 6 or 13). I could not live without it..
Are you authorized to say if this is renewed on the Event?

Yes.. It's available to the Event. This is from Specifications: Optional: Volume pedal normal or deluxe. Sustain pedal normal or piano type (available also with Footswitch connector). Footswitch 6 or 13 switches. Midi Pedalboard 13 notes (K8). Soft bag. Hard case.

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (11/13/22 07:39 AM)

#507061 - 11/13/22 07:46 AM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: rphillipchuk]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Sokratis

Thank you for taking time to explain....

As a seasoned Yamaha and Korg User, I was never exposed to the Ketron Brand. This is the only reason why I am hesitant to pull the plug. And honestly we could use more "Explanatory" videos.

Receiving an average pension makes a person more aware of financial surroundings.

I do look forward to your videos

RonP

Thank you dear friend.
I am also user of Korg (since the i30) in the distant 1998 and almost all Korg arranger up today. I have also Yamaha Genos.
But Ketron has always had something different that I personally have not found in any company. This is of course my personal opinion.

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (11/13/22 07:46 AM)

#507074 - 11/14/22 02:24 PM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: rphillipchuk]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
Style Modeling

RonP

I would like this information to be confirmed by AJ. Is it really like that?

#507076 - 11/15/22 10:15 AM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: LeonB]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Originally Posted By LeonB
Style Modeling

RonP

I would like this information to be confirmed by AJ. Is it really like that?

The KETRON EVENT is $4,999.00 USD (which translates into $6,641.99 CAN [using today's exchange rate via Bank of America - a prominent US bank]). Each store (e.g Long and Mcquade ...etc) have thier own return policies!

#507077 - 11/15/22 12:12 PM Re: Need some info on the Ketron Event [Re: Ketron_AJ]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
@AJ - thanks for the price info.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online