SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#507070 - 11/13/22 07:38 PM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Yes, I too have played at many a "no-power" event. Caterer used Sternos for things that needed to be warm, and coolers full of ice as Gary mentioned. I did one (a 3 piece combo) recently where there was power maybe 600-700' away, but no one wanted to attempt to run that long of power cords! :-) They had a BBQ smoker, lots of cold drinks, and my band (trio) playing music for ~3 hours (with breaks of course), all on batteries. A couple of months ago, a duo (me plus guitarist who sings too) for a neighborhood event, it was sort of in a wooded are behind all of the houses, near a lake. Power was maybe 400-500' away. The event went on w/o any AC power . . . -Jim

#507741 - 02/25/23 08:06 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I found some covers that, with one modification, work well for the EV Everse 8 speakers: Turbosound TS-PC8 covers. These are nicely-made, nicely-padded covers. I knew they may not be a 'perfect' fit - it turns out, once I had someone with sewing experience "hem" them by 2 inches (remove 2" from the bottom and re-sew the 'hem') - they are PERFECT for the EV-8s! To me, they are easier and more 'efficient' than the EV brand cases, which while nice, are "more than I need" (and more expensive). I like these!

Attachments
EVs with Covers.jpg

Description: Photo of these modified covers:

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online