SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#507601 - 02/14/23 05:12 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: organgrinder]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By organgrinder
I don't believe the entertainers get paid at superbowl. They work for the hype and advertisement they get from playing for 100,000,000 people.

MEL

That's true, but other advertisers paid as much as $7,000,000 for a 30 second ad, so I'd say her 13 minute spot was worth SOMEthing.

chas

#507602 - 02/14/23 07:44 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: organgrinder]
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Originally Posted By organgrinder
I don't believe the entertainers get paid at superbowl. They work for the hype and advertisement they get from playing for 100,000,000 people.

MEL

Mel ... this is true. No money paid to entertainer.

I would think the dancers were paid ?

As well as the few musicians on stage were paid ? (nothing plugged in).

I think the dancers have a union and musicians have a union as well.

Edited by DanO63 (02/14/23 07:46 AM)

#507603 - 02/14/23 08:04 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I would also assume/ hope that dancers and musicians are paid well.

I saw the drummer’s drum set matched Rihanna’s red outfit.

Sorry, to say I didn’t care much for the performance, and oddly neither did my cat, who was setting on my lap. He started to growl and hiss!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507608 - 02/14/23 11:21 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I don't know why I typed your name in that statement, and I corrected it to DanO, which is who's statement I was referring to. Personally, I was not excited about the halftime show, and went back to work on one of my woodworking projects until halftime was over. Sorry about the mistake and I corrected it.

As for the money, I'm working on my second $billion - I gave up on the first. wink

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/14/23 11:22 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507609 - 02/14/23 11:24 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: montunoman]
DanO63 Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman

Sorry, to say I didn’t care much for the performance, and oddly neither did my cat, who was setting on my lap. He started to growl and hiss!
Perhaps the cat would like songs from the movie "Cats" ?

#507610 - 02/14/23 12:59 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: DanO63]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By DanO63
Originally Posted By montunoman

Perhaps the cat would like songs from the movie "Cats" ?

I’m working on a version of “ Memory” as we speak smile

#507611 - 02/14/23 02:49 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Paul, (regarding Rhiana's bit) I didn't like the half-time show either....but for maybe different reasons.
1. I don't really like that type of music.

2. I thought the amount of reverb was beyond annoying. Maybe it's my system but I have a MONSTER ($1800.00) sound system hooked up to a 75" TV and despite trying to adjust the sound quality, it still sounded (to me) like it was being broadcast from the Swiss Alps. I don't think it was my system 'cause the rest of the broadcast sounded fine. Anybody else feel that way?

Gary...."working on my second billion----" smile smile smile , loved that line; I may have to borrow it smile.

chas

#507620 - 02/15/23 11:16 AM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Chas, both you and I are out of her demographic fan base ( age wise) so it doesn’t matter what we think,anyways.

However, I thought it was interesting having a pregnant woman perform at such a high profile event, possibly an empowering image for women everywhere which is a good thing.

#507625 - 02/15/23 02:06 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As with everything at the Super Bowl other than the game itself, everything is simply about selling you something. There’s no intention to ‘entertain’ you, merely to keep you in your seats for as long as they possibly can, while you watch a thinly disguised advertisement for Apple products (or did no one notice the similarity to iPhones with the platforms the ‘entertainers’ were on..?)

Plus, it might be noted, no one promised a halftime ’concert’, it’s a SHOW. Their words. There’s no mention of a ‘live’ performance. Yeah, Rihanna’s mic might be live at times if they got time for something spontaneous, but it’s all tracks…

Thing is, most TV show and movie ‘live music’ is equally dubbed or overdubbed, mixed post-fact, auto-tuned and corrected. Is it only the Super Bowl halftime show that gets a brickbat for not being ‘live’ any more? ‘Live’ is a thing of the past. The minute we decided that technical perfection was more important than slightly flawed honesty, actual ’live’ broadcast and movie music disappeared (about the time that digital editing and Auto-tune appeared).

Why do we expect anything different at the Superbowl?

#507642 - 02/16/23 12:05 PM Re: Backing tracks, pre-arranged sets, etc. [Re: cgiles]
DanO63 Offline

I spoke to a friend who is a "grizzled" LA sessions keyboardist; Ed Roth. He told me the entire halftime show is completely prerecorded.

Years ago, The "Red Hot Chili Peppers" prerecorded their show. The bass player "Flea" purposely protested by going on stage with no cable. At the 7:40 mark ..RHC plays. Everything you hear is prerecorded. Even Bruno Mars https://youtu.be/dJS_fTEUKFA

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online