SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#506654 - 09/29/22 12:45 PM Questions about Ketron SD-1 capabilities
TLF Offline

Loc: Éire / Ireland
I've plugged in my SD1 for the first time in ten years and I´m hoping to get a few questions answered if possible. I´ve forgotten some things and there are capabilities I never used.

1) Is it possible to have a WAV file synced with a drum pattern so that it gets played every iteration? For example, the piano riff at the beginning and verse of 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton. It would free me up to play other parts.

2) Do WAV files and samples have any other capabilities? For example, can I sample myself singing a note and have the Ketron transpose the sample appropriately for all keys on the keyboard?

3) I forget how I made custom styles (with drum patterns and custom instrument bank). Before I try and decipher the manual again, is it my bad memory or was it possible to call up a custom song (I remember doing this with the Blues Brothers) and have the patterns, brass instrument ready to go with a custom 2nd voice, custom split point etc?

4) Can I use the Ketron as a multitrack recorder of sorts, so I can compose entire songs track by track and play them back? Eg, drums on 1 track(s), bass on another lead on another etc.

5) If I swapped the floppy drive for a USB port, what capabilities would that open up for me?

Thanks for getting this far. The manual for the SD-1 is hard work, being badly translated to English so any feedback is appreciated!

#506882 - 10/25/22 10:47 AM Re: Questions about Ketron SD-1 capabilities [Re: TLF]
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
There are How to use videos on youtube. I am the one on the video.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ketron+SD1%2FSD1plus+Dan

Edited by DanO63 (10/25/22 10:49 AM)

#506883 - 10/25/22 10:58 AM Re: Questions about Ketron SD-1 capabilities [Re: TLF]
DanO63 Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Question 5 : Swapping floppy disk for usb would be a benefit.

#1. USB is current
#2. Instead of 15 midi files on a f.disk, you could have thousands of files on one thumb drive

Question 4. The SD1plus / SD1 is not a multitrack audio recorder

Q2. Answer is yes. You are limited with how long a sample can be. The hardest part is syncopation of the sample and song or midi file play back.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online