SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50681 - 01/27/06 05:59 AM Free Styles disk for your keyboard
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
If you are not in one of my email list, you may not have received this offer. Here is an opportunity for you to get a free disk for your keyboard.
Bebop
FREE £25 disk!
If you have a Yamaha Tyros (1 or 2), or any other Yamaha keyboard or CVP piano, OR a Technics KN7000 keyboard and other Technics, or below, THIS WEEKEND ONLY, you can download one of our disks COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE! The disk is actually on the website for you to download now - the questions is: which disk is it? To find it, simply have a look round for it in the appropriate pages for your model. You will see "FREE DISK - For this weekend only" on the page, with a link to click on. MAKE THE MOST OF IT - its worth up to £25! http://www.stylediskwarehouse.com/

Bebop

#50682 - 01/27/06 12:43 PM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Got my free disk and it is up to par with Neil's other great disks. Nice job Neil.

Fran in SC

#50683 - 01/28/06 02:22 PM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Found the free disk. Can't believe it is supposedly worth £25 I wouldn't pay £2.50 for it after hearing it
I've tried them all on the Tyros 2 and erased the lot.

#50684 - 01/28/06 04:23 PM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
kn7 Offline

I agree, Craig, though I saved two, which I will rework to death to make them good.

Bebop, I'm sure all appreciate your letting us know about these styles, even though they fall short of being professional.

kn7

#50685 - 01/30/06 08:22 AM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Bebop: Mike Feligno here. Seems like the Technics phone number for tech support is no longer working. Can you direct me or would you know how to change the channel settings on my KN6? I am using a roland as the master and want to use the KN6 at the slave. My roland is set to channel 3 but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to change the KN6 to channel 3 or how many other changes I need to make so the two boards are in sync.

Any help...please email me at:

runner50@rochester.rr.com
Thanks...Mike Feligno

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
If you are not in one of my email list, you may not have received this offer. Here is an opportunity for you to get a free disk for your keyboard.
Bebop
FREE £25 disk!
If you have a Yamaha Tyros (1 or 2), or any other Yamaha keyboard or CVP piano, OR a Technics KN7000 keyboard and other Technics, or below, THIS WEEKEND ONLY, you can download one of our disks COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE! The disk is actually on the website for you to download now - the questions is: which disk is it? To find it, simply have a look round for it in the appropriate pages for your model. You will see "FREE DISK - For this weekend only" on the page, with a link to click on. MAKE THE MOST OF IT - its worth up to £25! http://www.stylediskwarehouse.com/

Bebop

#50686 - 01/30/06 09:20 AM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
I agree, Craig, though I saved two, which I will rework to death to make them good.

Bebop, I'm sure all appreciate your letting us know about these styles, even though they fall short of being professional.

kn7

What a tactless thing to say about a fellow musicians workmanship. If you don't like the Style Discs don't use them, there's no need to be so vindictive and spiteful?

Peter Loudon

#50687 - 01/30/06 09:42 AM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Peter there is nothing wrong with what kn7 put about them being short of professional.
This forum really makes my butt laugh lately. A forum is for posting both positive and negative remarks. If someone doesn't want to see anything negative then they should not post their work/links on here.
I don't mean to sound harsh but I'm sick of everyone expecting positive remarks all the time on here and when someone puts something negative, everyone else seems to go off on one.
I've said it before, if remarks were postivie all the time, everyones head on here would be up their rears by this time next year (I think some are almost there already lol).
The owner of SZ does a great job but even he must agree that you have to take the rough with the smooth.
I've had comments back further below when I posted that these styles fall well below the quality I would expect to use in a live environment with a singer. They simply are not worth it in my opinion considering that free styles exist on the internet of a much higher and useable quality.

#50688 - 01/30/06 12:04 PM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Peter there is nothing wrong with what kn7 put about them being short of professional.
This forum really makes my butt laugh lately. A forum is for posting both positive and negative remarks. If someone doesn't want to see anything negative then they should not post their work/links on here.
I don't mean to sound harsh but I'm sick of everyone expecting positive remarks all the time on here and when someone puts something negative, everyone else seems to go off on one.
I've said it before, if remarks were postivie all the time, everyones head on here would be up their rears by this time next year (I think some are almost there already lol).
The owner of SZ does a great job but even he must agree that you have to take the rough with the smooth.
I've had comments back further below when I posted that these styles fall well below the quality I would expect to use in a live environment with a singer. They simply are not worth it in my opinion considering that free styles exist on the internet of a much higher and useable quality.

This forum is surely not the place to attack a music business and it's professional output, especially when the company has given away a free disc, I bet in Neil Blakes wildest dreams he could not have imagined just what thanks he was to get from some people. The comments within this thread may lead to a loss of business for him.

I simply think it's unfair and unnecessary,
if the disc/s are not to ones liking don't use them.

Peter Loudon

#50689 - 01/30/06 01:51 PM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
This forum is surely not the place to attack a music business and it's professional output,
especially when the company has given away a free disc....

Well, if a company post adverts about it (and also send out mass-emails about it), and a
member make even more adverts at the forum about it, why should'nt people post what they
feel and mean about it?
No one have the same taste and needs regarding sounds, styles, midis or whatever, so whats
good in my ears may as well be crap in anothers ears. Thats the way it is.

Regarding Neil's styles, personally I've found some OK and others not as good for my personal
use, just as I do when load styles from any other maufacturers.

Happy Playing & Posting
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#50690 - 01/30/06 08:15 PM Re: Free Styles disk for your keyboard
kn7 Offline

I think many are in an uproar over one man's opinion when they shouldn't be. Craig comes across to me as a professional musician that expects well done styles from a site that SELLS them. I don't think anyone, including Craig is not pleased that these styles are free but in his case and in mine, the time to download them and then taking the time to listen to them and find little, if any use is the question. My listening to them, I found they touched on a number of styles of music but like Craig, found them poorly done.

I think my being spoiled for good styles goes back to the KN1000. To my ears, the company did their best work on styles in that keyboard. When I parted with the KN1000 and bought the KN6000, I was very disappointed in the preset styles for there was no comparison to the ones in the KN1000. When I got my KN7000, I found them no better and in fact, find little difference in the two keyboards other than the major difference of the SD card feature - a huge advantage over the former. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate the KN7000 and wouldn't dream of ever parting with it because it is a keyboard that you can pretty much create any form of music.

Personally, I do my own styles so these 4 measure tiresome styles created by keyboard companies generally don't enter my playing. I am always interested in other people's ideas though and I do listen to styles created by others. At times, we can learn from others or at least, pick up on an idea they have done and use it in our own special way.

To come down so hard on Craig isn't the right thing to do. He spoke from his heart. I'm sure he spoke out in frustration in wasting his time previewing styles he wouldn't consider using. Had this been an individual presenting his/her styles, without a commercial motive behind it, he most likely would not have made a critical statement. We all should have the right to express our opinions, even though it may bruise a few egos at times.

kn7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online