SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50541 - 08/21/05 01:32 PM software to play Technics styles on PC
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
Having discovered KN7000 songs & styles(rhythms/composer patterns) play perfect on my KN2600 I've been on a download frenzy! I think I have some duplication - if not triplication - and wonder if there is a program I can use on the PC to play these styles to help whittle out the copies?? That would be a quicker way of sorting than through the keyboard I think. any suggestions welcome, thanks

Cheap and cheerful programs preferred. I see there is a program called One Man Band that plays Yamaha styles, so I hope there's something similar for Technics.

ps any links for song specific styles welcome, I really enjoy playing along with them, or I will, once I start improving LOL

#50542 - 08/21/05 04:09 PM Re: software to play Technics styles on PC
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I don't know of any PC program which will allow you to play/audition KN styles and I very much doubt if one exists. You might be able to reduce the size of your task, by sorting through your lists of styles and only comparing on your KN2600, styles which have the same name.
As far as I am aware, Yamaha styles are in MIDI format so they can be played using a number of PC programs. However, the actual sounds used for the playback on a PC would be standard MIDI sounds, from the PC's sound card and not the Yamaha keyboard's sounds.
You also mentioned that you would like some 'song specific' styles for your KN 2600 - you will find 160 such styles on my website : http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html on the 'KN7000 Styles' page.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50543 - 08/21/05 04:58 PM Re: software to play Technics styles on PC
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Aprilla,

Please share your download frenzy with us all
Bazz

#50544 - 08/22/05 01:45 AM Re: software to play Technics styles on PC
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Bazz and Aprilla
Is that Northern Ireland speaking to southern Ireland by any chance...
I certainly do not know of any programme which will play the .cmp files - that's the rhythm bit but you could try adding .mid to the end of that file in each set of files and double clicking on it to see whether anything happens...
e.g bossa.cmp.mid
Rog

#50545 - 08/22/05 03:26 AM Re: software to play Technics styles on PC
technicsplayer Offline

EMC Styleworks can play technics styles on the pc for comparative verification of editing and auditioning, but not for auto play chord like OMB, and not cheap and cheerful.

#50546 - 08/22/05 03:54 AM Re: software to play Technics styles on PC
aprilla Offline

Thanks Willum, I have been to your site and downloaded the files, while there I also enjoyed reading your pages... my house is awed when I tell them I am playing along with someone who has done as much as you have, and so am I!
I think some of the files I got from your page in groups, I also got as 'singles' elsewhere resulting in the duplication - but I want to make sure. On the PC when I was unzipping I noticed an identical filename style part was not the same size as the one it would overwrite so called a halt to that quick-smart. Now I want to listen to all of them to sort them properly, a task I shall enjoy even if it has to be a little slower on the keyboard.

Rog, I tried adding the .mid extension but no luck, ah well

Bazz, if you haven't checked out Willum's files already, do! I'm really chuffed to have found them, song specific styles are my favourites I'm in Co Clare with my KN2600, where are you?

I haven't even had time to listen to them all yet, family, the weekend & file management getting in the way. I've bought a 64MB Panasonic SD card on ebay (£4.21 incl postage, aren't they cheap now?) and intend getting a couple more of this size to use for styles, and perhaps one larger for songs. I'll use the original small one for experiments LOL. If anyone has any recommendations for file management they would be interesting to hear. I'm only playing for myself (headphones in the kitchen) so it is just a tidy/organization thing, not for gigs or speed etc...

#50547 - 08/22/05 04:01 AM Re: software to play Technics styles on PC
aprilla Offline

EMC Styleworks seems to be THE program when it comes to Technics keyboards, I'll have to keep an eye out for a sale or something.
It would be a valuable tool once the Technics pros/semipros start moving to other keyboards and the available files for Technics start to disappear.

#50548 - 08/22/05 12:46 PM Re: software to play Technics styles on PC
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Aprilla,

Carrickfergus N.Ireland and KN2600 as well.
Enjoy .Youll find many suprises in the keyboard,everyday I discover something new

Cheers barry

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online