SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#505363 - 04/04/22 12:14 PM Re: Digging Deeper On Your Arrangers? [Re: MusicalMemories]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The problem is, there is no standard 'sax' sound. Who are you trying to emulate? What type of sax sound or sax playing do you find most pleasing? Clarence Clemons (E-Street Band)? Lester Young? Stan Getz? John Coltrane? Kenny G? Charlie Parker?.....you get the idea, their sounds are so different you'd wonder if they were playing the same instrument.

Gary, I agree with Jimmy McKinney about the sax in the sax DEMO on the Tyros2, however, I would love to know how they did it, as I've never been able to even come close to the sound of the sax in that demo (I have a Tyros2). Did they use a breath controller? Maybe a digital sax midi'd to a Tyros2? I'm not alone either, as I've never heard anyone else get the kind of result demonstrated in that classic demo either. Just sayin'.

chas

#505364 - 04/04/22 01:20 PM Re: Digging Deeper On Your Arrangers? [Re: MusicalMemories]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have no idea how many of those midi sounds were created by Yamaha or any other manufacturer, though lately, some are samples of the actual instrument that have been digitized.

This is the best I have been able to come up with - not perfect by any means, but I got a lot of accolades from really good musicians on another forum I frequent. Baker Street

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online