SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504998 - 02/22/22 02:17 PM Re: EQ Old Ears [Re: bruno123]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Thanks Gary just what needed to hear from you...I know what I need to do so does my Wife! Maybe then I can turn the volume down on the TV. My wife's comfort range 25 Myself 30+ very simple...Thanks again Gary

#504999 - 02/22/22 11:18 PM Re: EQ Old Ears [Re: bruno123]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I got good advice from a guy around my age who talked about how we men lose hearing in the upper range and tend to set the upper eq too high. His solution was to ask a woman (women) what sounded best and go with that.

As far as sounding muddy to you you may want to reposition the speakers so they are facing directly at your ears. That's what I do when needed. smile

Scott

#505005 - 02/23/22 08:53 AM Re: EQ Old Ears [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John, give Eddie Shoemaker (Btweengigs) a call. He had to deal with the same issues for years, and it cost him a small fortune in conventional hearing aids before resolving the problem. Back then, conventional hearing aids went for about $3,000 per ear. The Bose system cost me about $849 for both ears - big difference. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#505092 - 03/05/22 02:18 PM Re: EQ Old Ears [Re: bruno123]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The real trick is to start flat with a good CD (The Nightfly is still one of the tried and true test CD’s) and don’t adjust it unless someone complains!

One thing to avoid is trying to add any upper and lower end in rooms that have a lot of tile and/or glass. As older players playing for generally older audiences, nothing will annoy and make people struggle to have a conversation over your music more than a lot of high end pinging around the room.

If you’re struggling yourself, unless you got a big budget, a simple set of little in ear monitors can restore some clarity without breaking the bank. $30 or so will do the trick. We don’t move around much as keyboard players, so pretty easy to hardwire them to your PA’s or keyboard’s headphone out (if your keyboard has the mic in and effects).

It’s always better to have the crowd struggle to hear you than struggle to hear each other!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online