SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#504962 - 02/16/22 06:44 PM Audya 5 hard drive upgrade major issue
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
Hi everyone, yes after all my posts and you getting on here to advise and help, my whole world has come crashing down,
my hard drive is beginning to fail on me, and it was AJ of ketron USA has informed me of this regards to my last post, So he advised to change out the drive for one of his, and of course it is the way to go
and I went and bought the SSD Drive super gold pack bell's and whistles
then AJ also advised to back up want I want to keep which I did,
today I'm told any pen drive styles I purchased from ketron UK for example will not work on the new SSD drive as they are locked to only the 1 install,
So now I bought 3 pen drives from ketron UK which I'll probably have to end up buying all over again also any styles I have edited and saved to my single registrations will also not work, after all the work sweat and tears and hours put into editing
I will lose basically my whole show if I install the New SSD drive
Or will I 🤔
I do agree with AJ on getting a new drive and especially going SSD
but losing all I have worked on is an absolute major worry on my mind right now, so is what I'm saying here true and have anyone landed in this situation when changing to a new hard drive, or is there a way round all this,
I know AJ will be there to advise and help get all sorted, I just hope once the drive is replaced and my backed up folders put back onto the SSD Drive everything will work 🤔
but I have my doubts, can anyone put my mind at ease, thanks everyone

#504972 - 02/18/22 09:55 AM Re: Audya 5 hard drive upgrade major issue [Re: matt07ie]
Mozzer Offline

Loc: England
Hi, I had a new HD fitted everything was backed up including all my own styles I had created. I don't use registrations but i'm sure if you back up everything it's just a matter of reloading onto the new hd. After reloading mine everything was there as before. Hope this helps

#504974 - 02/18/22 04:49 PM Re: Audya 5 hard drive upgrade major issue [Re: Mozzer]
matt07ie Offline

Hi, thanks a million for your reply, greatly greatly appreciate it, you mention you don't use save to registrations? I was told when I want to edit a style, when window opens press save to registrations, and only to single registration which is what I have been doing,
did you see my post regarding set levels when saving an edited style or registration, I use live audio drums now and saving them at highest level 63 same with bass? , what kinda music do you play
also I have to tell you I bought AJ's dvd it's filled with I'm formation and well worth it's price to be honest, sorry I'm going away from question and answer on hand, I have made a backup of my user styles and registrations but once I get the new SSD connected it should be easy enough to load back on the backups, oh and speaking of new hard drive is it easy to get at 😉

#504975 - 02/18/22 04:52 PM Re: Audya 5 hard drive upgrade major issue [Re: Mozzer]
matt07ie Offline

Another thing I was told if you have OS 54C which is what I have not to use block registrations as there is an issue with it?

#504976 - 02/18/22 11:32 PM Re: Audya 5 hard drive upgrade major issue [Re: matt07ie]
freakman Offline

Hi matt07ie

There was already this topic.

Topic

Edited by freakman (02/18/22 11:34 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online