SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#504745 - 01/04/22 05:25 PM What a Holiday!!!
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I was lucky to spend Christmas day with my parents in their home. Dad is 85 and Mom is 83! Both of them still regularly play their keyboards. Dad has my old PSR3000 and Mom has a 30 year old Yamaha. Dad plays his as an arranger, doesn't read music, and plays beautifully. Mom plays hers strictly as a piano and must have music. I am definitely their child as I do both!

After dinner I had them close their eyes and I wheeled in a new Casio Privia 770. Earlier I watched a 6 minute video showing how to assemble it. 2 hours later we still had the pieces on the floor totally frustrated we couldn't assemble it. We decided to come back to it later because Santa still had more gifts to pass out.

Once again I had my parents close their eyes and carried in the PSR PX900. My Dad immediately recognized the PSR logo. My Mom still had no clue that the Casio was for her! As always, the Yamaha came right out of the box and was already set up to play. We all played around with it becoming very emotional at our joy!

The next day we finally got the Casio assembled. Oddly enough without consulting the manual or youtube!! My Mom is in 7th heaven with her new piano. This was certainly a holiday to remember. I only hope there are more to come. -charley

#504746 - 01/04/22 06:47 PM Re: What a Holiday!!! [Re: rattley]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Charly, I love the way you are relating with your Mom and Dad. You sound as excited as your parents. Nice! – Very Nice!

The best that the new year has to offer you and your Mom and Dad, John C.

PS, don’t let this story fade, I would like to hear more about your happy place.

#504747 - 01/05/22 06:40 AM Re: What a Holiday!!! [Re: rattley]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wow, a keyboard family! How fun! I wish I had been born into that kind of family- how would y'all like to adopt a 50 (something) year old son? LOL

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504751 - 01/05/22 08:07 AM Re: What a Holiday!!! [Re: rattley]
Kerry Offline

Charley, what a fabulous heart warming Christmas memory to remember! So glad to hear the Casio came to the party the next day. Thanks so much for sharing such warm and fuzzy memories with us all!

#504753 - 01/05/22 08:46 AM Re: What a Holiday!!! [Re: Kerry]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Yea nice story. A keyboard family is a happy family.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504754 - 01/05/22 09:47 AM Re: What a Holiday!!! [Re: rattley]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great story, Charlie. Though I am probably among the very few on this forum that met you in person, I will never forget that day and the massive collection of keyboards and organs at home. And, I will always remember that beautiful tree in front of the restaurant, that unfortunately blew down during storm. It was breathtaking.

Take care, old friend,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504756 - 01/05/22 10:19 AM Re: What a Holiday!!! [Re: rattley]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By rattley

......- This was certainly a holiday to remember. I only hope there are more to come. -charley

This was touching reading, and you've got wonderful memories to add to all the others you have. 🥲
Happy New Year!
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#504759 - 01/05/22 11:31 AM Re: What a Holiday!!! [Re: rattley]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
This part of the "GOOD PART" of what life is all about!

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online