SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#504523 - 12/16/21 11:51 AM How to eliminate ROBO calls
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
How to stop ROBO calls. Every day of the past year, I had been getting 20 to 30 scammer, ROBO calls, the vast majority from India and claiming to represent the FBI, IRS, Social Security, Amazon customer service, the bank of America, Border Security, etc... Every scammer on the planet seem to be linked to a central calling center data base of phone numbers. At least that's the way it appears to me.

One night, while browsing You Tube, I came across something that claimed to be able to get rid of ROBO calls, often in 3 days or less. The idea was very easy to employ. I merely downloaded the standard telephone company message that said : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BVbyCZXc5s and put it on my telephone's answering machine. After allowing it to play two times through, then I came on an said "If you would like to leave a message, please do so after the beep."

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM! Now, I get one call at most every 3 to 5 days. No more interrupted telephone conversations, no more interrupted football games, just peace and quiet. And, because I can see my phone's caller ID on the TV screen and telephone, I know when friends and relatives are calling. Most scammers usually display a local area code, and Name Unavailable. I rarely get a scammer call on my cellular phone because it is turned off when I am at home.

Give it a try, I think you will absolutely love the results,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504550 - 12/19/21 07:46 AM Re: How to eliminate ROBO calls [Re: travlin'easy]
Rfinnshw Offline

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Gary, Thanks for sharing this is a great tool! clap

#504558 - 12/20/21 08:31 AM Re: How to eliminate ROBO calls [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Since installing the message on my answering machine, I have only had 4 robo calls and none at all this past week. Works like a charm!

Gary

#504626 - 12/22/21 12:48 PM Re: How to eliminate ROBO calls [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Since placing this on my phone I haven't had had any gig offers either. mad

Jerryghr

#504630 - 12/22/21 06:20 PM Re: How to eliminate ROBO calls [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

LOL! I don't have to worry about those any more. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

#504736 - 01/01/22 09:59 AM Re: How to eliminate ROBO calls [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

So far, so good! Since installing the new voice message on my answering machine, the calls have nearly been eliminated. Until installing, I was constantly bombarded with calls, often 20 to 30 a day. Now, I get one or two a week at most. IT WORKS!

Gary cool

#504741 - 01/03/22 11:01 AM Re: How to eliminate ROBO calls [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
But won't a fake disconnected message stop "legitimate" messages from potential clients for example?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504742 - 01/03/22 02:29 PM Re: How to eliminate ROBO calls [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

In my case, it's not a worry, because I'm no longer performing. However, I have caller ID on both my home phone and cell phone, and I can see who's calling on my TV screen as well. All of my previous clients had their names pop up on the caller ID, therefore, I could answer the phone before the message kicked in. Most of the robo calls have either phony names, which are quite obvious, or say, Name Unknown, which is also a dead giveaway. Today, because everyone in this part of the world is snowed in, there were four robo calls, all of which were obviously ROBO calls as noted on their area code and caller ID. I think they got the message, because they didn't try to call back again.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online