SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504238 - 11/08/21 03:27 AM Re: Korg Micro Arranger [Re: Diki]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The gentleman on the KMA video said, and I second it; that the speakers were crap, to quote his words.

Diki, you’re getting smarter and smarter, nice!
Diki Quote:
I think for many, the KMA represents a way to augment another arranger while still having a set of keys but not doubling the size (and weight!) of your rig. And, push comes to shove, could actually pass as main arranger if one needs small size and portability for say a traveling job as long as you can make do with the smaller keys.

I don’t know if I’d ever consider it as a proper main arranger, but modules are few and far between and it would make a great way to add some Korg flavor to a Yamaha or Roland rig without ballooning your gig setup too much (or soaking your wallet!)… I think for many, the KMA represents a way to augment another arranger while still having a set of keys but not doubling the size (and weight!) of your rig. And, push comes to shove, could actually pass as main arranger if one needs small size and portability for say a traveling job as long as you can make do with the smaller keys.

I don’t know if I’d ever consider it as a proper main arranger, but modules are few and far between and it would make a great way to add some Korg flavor to a Yamaha or Roland rig without ballooning your gig setup too much (or soaking your wallet!)…

#504241 - 11/08/21 01:29 PM Re: Korg Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can’t confess it’s for me, I’ve been firmly wedded to the single keyboard paradigm for over twenty years, with the caveat that it’s a 76 (61 is hard to squeeze two really useful playing areas from, IMHO). But I’m not averse to using other gear to help prepare audio tracks I can the use in the one keyboard on a gig…!

I’ve already got an old Triton, so my Korg needs are taken care of, plus my trusty K2500S for other sounds. Wouldn’t mind a bit of that Yamaha flava one day, though… 🎹😎

#504249 - 11/08/21 10:48 PM Re: Korg Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
country_man Offline

That's all true! Incredible little devil! Even today, sounds usable ...

It fits much better into the sound of a band or other instrument, much better than, for example, the sounds from Yamaha! I don't know how such old technology creates sounds, but for example trumpet or harmonica from MA are unique and great to use ...

I connected it to the Ketron SD90 and despite the synchronization I pull out an accompanying steel guitar from it - it sounds amazing, a beautiful legato, which is not in style in Ketron at all (in MA I muted the bass, drums and let only the steel guitar play out of style and more one acoustic guitar). Splendor!

Otherwise, internal styles are really inspiring for composing songs! With MA I wrote a few songs just by choosing a style and in a moment I had a new melody!

#504251 - 11/09/21 06:57 AM Re: Korg Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I actually bought the Korg Micro that Donny used in his demonstration. I still use it for a "vacation keyboard" . I don't have the beautiful touch that Donny has on the keys, but I can tell you the the KMA is a little beast!

Edited by montunoman (11/09/21 06:58 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504252 - 11/09/21 09:12 AM Re: Korg Micro Arranger [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
I actually bought the Korg Micro that Donny used in his demonstration. I still use it for a "vacation keyboard" . I don't have the beautiful touch that Donny has on the keys, but I can tell you the the KMA is a little beast!

Thanx Paul...so glad to hear your still playing the KMA it's a great little instrument.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online