SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#504157 - 10/28/21 01:57 PM For my Russian friend, Sergey
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sergey,How I wish I had your playing skills. Most of the forum members are far better musicians than I and I am the first person to admit this. However, I have, until recently, always been blessed with great vocal ability, which has pulled me through over the years and made me a successful entertainer.

I performed this song in 2017, just as my lungs were beginning to fail significantly, but fortunately, most folks in my audiences didn't notice the difference. However, songs such as this were a bit of a struggle, but I was able to continue entertaining for another year before health issues forced my retirement.

This song was originally performed by Matt Monro for the movie From Russia With Love. He also did several other James Bond movie themes.

Here's my rendition of From Russia With Love.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504159 - 10/28/21 11:58 PM Re: For my Russian friend, Sergey [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Hello, Gary!

I wanted to say “Good morning” as it’s 9 AM here; thank you for thinking of me and sharing this impressive song; I realize it was a challenge to perform it, but you definitely succeeded;

2017 was just recently, you indeed had a long career and a break you are having now is surely well earned :-)

Please be well and keep posting your thoughts and songs!

From Russia with love!

Sergey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online