SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#504057 - 10/13/21 10:03 AM Love my new Bose...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My Latest Bose acquisition. Everyone knows I am a big Bose fan, and have never been disappointed with any of their wonderful products. This morning, UPS arrived at the door with my package from Bose - a pair or Bose hearing aids. Yep, over the years I have slowly but surely lost much of my hearing.

The US Navy played a major role in my hearing loss as I was a first loader on a 3-inch 55mm antiaircraft gun, which meant that I slammed shells into a revolving hopper at the rate of one a second, standing back to back with another guy doing the same job, positioned directly between the gun's breeches. The noise was defining and we lost our hearing for about two days after the firing exercise was over. Back then, 1957, we didn't have hearing protection other than a couple cotton balls stuffed in our ears. We didn't have ear plugs and could not use them even if we did, because the concussion from the blast could have embedded them deeper into our ear canal and cause severe damage. After about two or three days, our hearing returned but after four years of this, there was a constant ringing, tinnitus that never went away.

This morning, I placed those hearing aids in my ears, followed the instructions on the Bose AP in my smart phone, and WOW! I just listened to my Russian friend perform a song, and the clarity was absolutely awesome, the sound quality was beyond belief and I can now hear sounds that I have not heard in decades. WOW! I have had a few hearing aids in the past, but none compares to the Bose hearing aids. And, the price is relatively low in comparison to other hearing aids out there, just $849.95 for both ears. My last hearing aid purchase from a different manufacturer was $2,000 for one ear.

Thank you Bose for once again providing a fantastic product in the wonderful world of sound.

Gary 😀

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504058 - 10/13/21 10:17 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
Rfinnshw Online   elvis

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Hi Gary,
Thanks for sharing this helpful information.
su amigo,
Ron ♫

Edited by Rfinnshw (10/13/21 10:18 AM)

#504060 - 10/13/21 12:20 PM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
With a generous return policy and customer support Bose is known for, and now your endorsement, seems you cant go wrong. Thanks, Gary... keep us posted after you've had them for awhile.

Cheers, Glenn

#504061 - 10/13/21 12:37 PM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
My dad has lost a lot of his hearing, and complains about the hearing aides he uses (both the price and sound quality) . I'll let him know.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504062 - 10/13/21 01:27 PM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Great news Gary. You'll now be able to hear the sonic delights you've missed all these years.

1. Your spouse's nagging and/or snoring.
2. The nightly barking of your neighbor's three dogs.
3. Overhearing your kids plans for divving up your estate.
4. The pitter-patter of tiny feet (at night in the attic).
5. The strange noise your car makes just before the transmission goes.
6. The chord you ACTUALLY played as opposed to the chord you THOUGHT you played on your ARRANGER keyboard.
7. CNN & MSNBC featuring reruns of Hillary's best speeches smile smile.

I hope Bose has a good refund policy.

Your best bud,

chas

PS: Hope you've still got a sense of humor smile.

#504063 - 10/13/21 07:18 PM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks everyone, and I will keep you updated on how they work out. I can say that after just one day, I am amazed at just how well they work.

Chas, I can still hear her snore, but all the other things no longer exist for me. I live in the middle of 5.5 acres, tight against 2.500 acres of forest. No neighbors close enough to hear their dogs barking, my children are now old codgers, both over 50 and left home many years ago, and I can no longer drive, so those transmissions sounds are just memories. I still have a good sense of humor, though. smile

Thanks again, everyone,

Gary cool

#504065 - 10/14/21 07:53 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
zuki Offline

Thank you Gary for posting this. I'm on the cusp of needing these. Great to read a review from someone I actually believe!

What about the size and comfort after a long day?

Glad they are working out for you!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#504066 - 10/14/21 09:19 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

UPDATE: These things are absolutely incredible. They can be set to hear in unidirectional (front) or omnidirectional (surround) thereby allowing you to concentrate on the person that is talking to you, or listen to the entire crowd surrounding you. Additionally, you can set them to a specific balance, if one ear has less damage than the other. The clarity is beyond my wildest dreams.

Jim, they are very comfortable, hardly notice them at all. The only downside is they go through batteries fairly fast. After about 6 hours they are down to 25 percent, but they are relatively inexpensive from Amazon. I just ordered 64 batteries for $14. Changing them is a snap.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/14/21 09:20 AM)

#504067 - 10/14/21 09:56 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
Crossover Offline

Why don‘t they use rechargeable batteries? My mom has rechargeable ones, also with bluetooth, I once didn‘t realize my iPad was fully connected to them, and after a Skype piano lesson I gave Mom said she suddenly heard voices 🤦🏼‍♀️

#504068 - 10/14/21 10:37 AM Re: Love my new Bose... [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Online   content

Loc: Russia
I guess back then Soviet Union was something of an abstract threat to American people, and vice versa. And today you can watch me playing :-) You must have been really young in 1957, quite a tough youth you had, but you turned out well.

I think the batteries will last longer after you get used to all new experiences and won't be using it that much. I wonder if you need hearing aids when you listen to something with headphones, perhaps some amplifier and a pair of good headphones can be sufficient, although I believe you have tried a lot of things and your new hearing aids are indeed very well adjusted.

ZA312 seem to be a very common batteries so even a battery a day looks like a reasonable cost for all the advantage you get.

Chas has surely pointed out a lot of interesting aspects. I can't really sleep without earplugs, and then I have to add some white noise, well, an apartment building in a city, what can you expect... But I'm not ready to live in a middle of a forest either, although it sounds very nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online