SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#503903 - 09/28/21 10:10 AM Re: Roland BK9 Harmonic PCB removal-Slider Replacement [Re: Dengizich]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is amazing, and a life saver for me. I’ve had the issue for three years or so on my gigging BK-9 (but not on my studio one, so I’ve still been able to set up Performances) and I was under the impression (given me by a Roland support technician) that the sliders were surface mount components and the only solution was a complete replacement slider board, which was out of production and completely unavailable worldwide! Yikes!

To say I was mad at Roland would be an understatement, a critical component with a high usage factor unavailable after only three years of product life is completely unacceptable… 😡🤬😤

So Dengizich’s work here has been a lifesaver!

I am curious why you bought 24 sliders for a 10 slider board, though. Was there a minimum order? Or you just wanted some backup?

Next thing you might possibly take a look at is the pitch bend lever potentiometer. You CAN still get replacement levers from Roland, but you have to buy the entire assembly, you can’t buy just a replacement potentiometer. I go through bend levers at a crazy rate (they last about a couple of years with high use!) and I’d sure prefer a cheap pot replacement rather that a $50 whole unit..! Any chance at taking a look at it? It’s generally the bend pot, not the modulation pot that goes, it gets a bit glitchy, and won’t do smooth bends…

Once again a huge shout-out to Dengizich for his diligence in sourcing this much needed repair procedure. Great to have such a knowledgeable member here! 👍🏼🎹😎

Edit: can’t believe I was stupid enough to get the name wrong! My apologies 😨😳🤯

#503909 - 09/28/21 03:07 PM Re: Roland BK9 Harmonic PCB removal-Slider Replacement [Re: Dengizich]
Dengizich Offline

I wonder who's Kabin? smile

I bought 25 pieces just for backup. With Mouser Electronics there is no minimum, you can buy one if you'd like. Mouser Electronics is a very good source for electronic parts.

By any chance, do you have the old Pitch Bender assembly?

Edited by Dengizich (09/28/21 03:07 PM)

#503937 - 09/29/21 07:14 PM Re: Roland BK9 Harmonic PCB removal-Slider Replacement [Re: Dengizich]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have two or three! I fixed my own gig BK twice and a friend’s gig one once…

You want me to send you one? Email me a mailing address, I’ll get one to you.

#503938 - 09/30/21 04:43 AM Re: Roland BK9 Harmonic PCB removal-Slider Replacement [Re: Dengizich]
Dengizich Offline

smile No worries, that was funny.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online