SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#504254 - 11/09/21 06:40 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe it’s a US thing, but if you didn’t play some ABBA in the UK in the 70’s, you didn’t get a gig!

They are my guilty pleasure, and I still think Dancing Queen is arguably the most perfectly crafted pop tune of all time… ♥️🎹😎

#504283 - 11/13/21 04:32 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

„When you danced with me“ is arranged in Irish folk style. Some say it‘s a bit „generic“ - maybe, I‘d say it‘s typical of 1970s Abba. Probably too simple for listeners who are used to today‘s pop music.
I made a simple cover without automatic rhythm or sequencer tracks, but preferred to reduce it to 100% live playing.
The bagpipes and Celtic flute are from Roland SRX 06 Complete Orchestra expansion (via SonicCell).

#504297 - 11/14/21 02:50 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Nice flow and solid LH.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504300 - 11/15/21 04:23 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Thanks, but it was too fast and the rhythm really missing.
I made another version, creating some sequencer tracks. I'm at least happy with the bagpipes part now.

#504344 - 11/21/21 12:16 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
It’s nice to have this opportunity to watch you playing here, you’re doing it very well. I’m yet to listen carefully these new songs by ABBA, so far I only know them by your covers :-)

“The winners takes it all”, “Fernando”, “Happy New Year”, “Money, money”, “Gimme, gimme” are the songs I count on when I’m to entertain the crowd, I also like very much “If I thought you’d ever change your mind” covered by Agnetha Fältskog; perhaps I’m not ready to compare what ABBA offers today with these well-known songs, but once I’m open minded enough I’ll give it a try.

I’d say it is precious that these new songs inspire you to record your own renditions so quickly, in my case it’s been a while since I was to motivated by some new music.

#504346 - 11/22/21 11:51 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Thanks! I guess instrumental covers like these mostly make sense to the listener only when they know the original. Recognition and imagination of the original vocals play a big role.
I didn't know the cover song by Agnetha you mentioned.
Regarding the question of comparing the old classical Abba songs with the new ones, I think a comparison is difficult. Some critics wrote the new album was "ghost music" like coming from 1983 - but others say, no, it actually does NOT sound like Abba 1983, and I think they are right. Not just due to the riper voices, also the arrangements and melodies of most songs are somehow a bit more abstract, less simple and straight-forward than those classics. But I think this is a natural consequence of the 40 years that passed. The typical Abba sound, especially in the segments of multi-voice overdubbed vocals, is there, and it's still a miracle to me.

#504349 - 11/23/21 06:54 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
You really nailed it!!!! (Perfect) I love when someone desires Improvement and perfection in one's talents. Your Hard work and Love of Music stands out. It Inspires others. Thank You Harold USA (Pennsylvania). Plus I love Irish Music....

#504361 - 11/24/21 10:26 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Harold123]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Harold123
You really nailed it!!!! (Perfect) I love when someone desires Improvement and perfection in one's talents. Your Hard work and Love of Music stands out. It Inspires others. Thank You Harold USA (Pennsylvania). Plus I love Irish Music....

Thanks a lot, I‘m happy you find it inspiring!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online