SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#503776 - 09/11/21 10:27 AM Re: Age ain't nothing but a number [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Although I'd like to think I'm not an "old fart" yet (my teenage daughter would probably disagree), I am happy to be here with my elders and have learned a ton and I'm inspired by all of you. I hope to be doing music as long as I can at whatever capacity.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#503779 - 09/12/21 08:56 AM Re: Age ain't nothing but a number [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Pretty scary to be one of the ‘younger’ posters here in my mid-60’s!

But one of the things I comfort myself with, and hope we all feel the same, is that compared to classical music, or jazz at its highest level, pop music is pretty much a breeze to play even as our bodies slow down a bit. And arrangers make it even easier, compared to live band playing, where both hands are getting a full workout all the time.

To be able to hold a simple chord, or even a one or two finger chord, to be able to use pre-prepared chord sequences to do away with the left hand altogether, to be able to play less than absolutely precisely with the right hand and articulated horn and guitar sounds take care of the precision, and yet come up with music that can still sound amazing is a triumph of technology.

Compared to keyboard players from earlier generations, who faced a precipitous decline in the quality of music they could perform, we can make great music either in public or at home privately that can give us and others joy and comfort.

This gives me great comfort as I start to edge towards the age that some of you are facing now. My body may decline, but year by year, innovation by innovation, the music it can make steadily improves.

Something to look forward to! 😎🎹♥️

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online