SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#503616 - 08/23/21 02:09 PM Looking for EA7 owners
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I just picked up an EA7. My last Roland board was a G70 many years ago. I see the OS is improved over the BK series. I’m plowing thru the owner and reference manuals, but sometimes I can’t find or understand what I need to have done. Here is a list of my newbie questions:
Live, how do I change a tone in a style I’m using?
Offline, how best to reset the tones in a style? Is this a UPG?
When I want to set up a UPG, what exactly are the steps? The two screens aren’t helping me here.
Right now I identified styles for songs by their style number, but there’s got to be a quicker way.

Feel free to private message me if you’re interested in conversing.

#503624 - 08/25/21 02:17 PM Re: Looking for EA7 owners [Re: cassp]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This might be better served over in the Roland forum, but quick answer to at least one of your questions…

The way to change a sound in a style is exactly the same way you did it on your G70… Use the Makeup Tools, store it as a User style.

It’s probably been a while since your G70 days, but you’ll find that much is exactly the same, just without the touchscreen, and a few slightly different terms for things like Performance=UPG, Performance List = UPS, etc..

You probably just need to slow down, don’t panic, and soon enough the ‘Roland Way’ will come flooding back to you! 🎹😎🎹

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online