SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#503281 - 07/12/21 10:15 AM Pen drive install issue
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
Hi all, hope anyone will spare a little time to help and advise
the issue I'm having right now, is I just recieved a pen drive from ketron UK titled Robert Messier styles 5 in total,
maybe someone will know the procedure to installing, I did purchase previous pen drives from same store with no issue,
Put in the pen drive to my Audya 5 keyboard pressed disk button,
DRemove and Scrolled to file
00KTNinstall-styles
pressed enter button
and I get on screen in Red writing
Script already installed
so basically nothing happened
Script already installed I said OK! maybe the styles are already on my Audya but no, definately not there,
I did send an email to Ketron UK
But said I will also try here for an answer and hopefully a cure to this issue I'm having,
So anxiously await reply
and in advance thanks for your help

#503282 - 07/12/21 10:43 AM Re: Pen drive install issue [Re: matt07ie]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
i had the same problem with no 5 , 9 and 10 of audya pendrives for the sd90
at last after 4 monthes of negotiations with THOMANN DE i sent them back and got back the money

#503283 - 07/12/21 10:59 AM Re: Pen drive install issue [Re: matt07ie]
matt07ie Offline

So what was the problem, and thanks for your reply, I have been thinking since will I try the install again,
Darran and Howard at ketron UK are very helpful, if you have not already got the 2012 pop styles pen, definately get it and as Darran said the Robert Messier pen is a must, 5 and 9 I'm not aware of although I did go to Ketron it and really could not get to grips with what will and won't suit my Audya 5
I'm not looking to buy midi but song styles where I'm in control, but right now I'm at a loss of what to do about the issue I'm now faced with, no I don't think I'll do anything till ketron UK get back to me, maybe it's just a faulty pen, and I so looking forward to it, ahh well you win some you lose some

Edited by matt07ie (07/12/21 11:00 AM)

#503284 - 07/12/21 11:01 AM Re: Pen drive install issue [Re: matt07ie]
matt07ie Offline

So what was the problem, and thanks for your reply, I have been thinking since will I try the install again,
Darran and Howard at ketron UK are very helpful, if you have not already got the 2012 pop styles pen, definately get it and as Darran said the Robert Messier pen is a must, 5 and 9 I'm not a war of although I did go to Ketron it and really could not get to grips with what will and won't suit my Audya 5
I'm not looking to buy midi but song styles where I'm in control, but right now I'm at a loss of what to do about the issue I'm now faced with, no I don't think I'll do anything till ketron UK get back to me, maybe it's just a faulty pen, and I so looking forward to it, ahh well you win some you lose some

#503286 - 07/12/21 02:52 PM Re: Pen drive install issue [Re: matt07ie]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don’t know if AJ monitors this forum as closely as he does the Ketron sub-forum.

Did you ask this question there? And perhaps a PM to AJ might help…

#503287 - 07/12/21 04:53 PM Re: Pen drive install issue [Re: dud]
matt07ie Offline

Hi Dud I stuck with it, firstly I was told by the store at ketron UK when I had purchased the previous pen drive 2012 pop styles it leaves its install file on the Audya hard drive, so firstly delete that 00KTNINSTALL-styles file, then retry and the error will not take place, 20mins to go through the full install of the new pen drive, then I was told screen will reboot and I waited and waited no reboot, so after another hour of sweating I decided to leave pen in and reboot the keyboard myself and waited for all lights to stop flashing and hey presto! It works, just thought I would let you know since you had same problem, when in fact there was no problem just to delete the previous install style file from ketron, it's all nerve wrecking stuff I know, but you learn something new every day and wiser on next purchase

Best regards

#503288 - 07/13/21 01:40 AM Re: Pen drive install issue [Re: matt07ie]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
HI matt07ie

i asked AJ and he told me that there were problems with the pendrives , he could not tell me if it was a hardware problem or software he adviced me to ask THOMANN DE to replace them or to get back the money

i tried again and again to load the styles but the same error message came on and on.

#503291 - 07/13/21 04:24 AM Re: Pen drive install issue [Re: matt07ie]
matt07ie Offline

Ok if your willing to try again, contact Darren or Howard at ketron UK, they are very good, and tell them your experience with Thomann, but I put you in touch,Darren stayed with me all night by text till we got it sorted, fair play super service, I'm not saying anything against AJ, he has also advised me and answered my Messenger, and wow! his demos and singing is excellent, I watch all his videos, AJ is also right about the faulty pen drives, it's just a chance you take and could get lucky, I'll be in touch

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online