SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#503152 - 06/18/21 07:14 PM Styles file formats for Ketron audya 5
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND

Hi just wondering, what other song style formats will the ketron audya play without any problems and from which other KEYBOARDS
I know yamaha song styles will not work on the Audya 5, my formats
Is .PAT what other formats will work for me, thanks , all a learning curve for me..

#503153 - 06/19/21 12:06 AM Re: Styles file formats for Ketron audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Patrick22fr Offline

Loc: French Saint-Brieuc
Hello Matt07ie

No other format than that of your Audya is available in your instrument.

Each brand of instruments has its own format for its Factory Styles. However, it is possible, using a software, to convert Styles to the format of your instrument but the result is not always very good. You often have to rework the Style. It takes a little knowledge and a lot of time.

On this forum, it is possible to obtain new Styles by contacting AjSonic, they make excellent ones.

Have a good day.
Patrick
V3Sound
Ketron SD90

#503157 - 06/19/21 07:12 PM Re: Styles file formats for Ketron audya 5 [Re: Patrick22fr]
matt07ie Offline

Thanks a million for reply, I'll contact aj, as I have so many questions I need answered and get new styles, I bought Back to the 80s from planet keyboard and it came with.PAT and .TXT files how will I put these into my Audya 5,
I can do the .PAT files
But is it the same procedure when there is .TXT files with, you get the song style and the lyrics,
I see you have the SD90 that's probably my next goto arranger 😉

#503160 - 06/20/21 09:52 AM Re: Styles file formats for Ketron audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
There's a software program called EMC StyleWorks which can convert styles from one brand to another. It gets updated periodically as manufacturers introduce new models. It could certainly convert early 2000s Yamaha styles to play in the Ketron SD1. So the real question you need to ask AJ is: Can the Audya play older Ketron styles formatted for the SD1 / SD3 / SD5 etc. If his answer to that question is "yes" then you can buy the StyleWorks software and convert as many styles as you need.

Edited by TedS (06/20/21 09:53 AM)

#503161 - 06/20/21 05:00 PM Re: Styles file formats for Ketron audya 5 [Re: TedS]
matt07ie Offline

Hi, and thank you for that piece of valuable information, ok can the Audya 5 play old styles made for the SD1, I can tell you I don't think so, reason being, reverting back to my previous post, I mentioned I purchased Back to the 80s vol 1 from planet keyboard.com and the version I purchased was for my previous sd1+ keyboard which I recently sold, just tonight I decided to try this on my Audya 5, trying one of the song styles, you could make out the song but was not playing right at all,
So I'm no expert but correct me if I'm wrong, I think I'll now purchase the back to the 80s especially made for audya, all audya models and hope it works 2nd time round,
I actually have a very good friend that has the software EMC, must have a chat with him, the best place so far I bought song styles from so far is ketron UK, the sounds are top class, I was told also AJ sells song styles, I just want to make my audya sound best it can and steer clear of badly produced styles, thanks again

#503162 - 06/21/21 02:12 AM Re: Styles file formats for Ketron audya 5 [Re: matt07ie]
Patrick22fr Offline

Loc: French Saint-Brieuc
Hello. Matt07ie

In my Ketron SD90, all Original Styles from older models (.PAT) work.

Regarding the Styles with an audio track and the addition of Live Guitar from Audya, I had to rework them. For Styles coming from another brand even if thanks to software, the conversion is possible in SD1 format, they work on condition that they have the same construction structure.

For Styles with TXT file, I don't think when we convert them that they can keep this file because in my opinion it is not included in one of the Style tracks.

I am very satisfied with my SD90 expander. Styles and Sounds are of quality. on the other hand the Audya remains an excellent keyboard.

Have a good day.
Patrick
V3Sound
Ketron SD90

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online