SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#502508 - 03/25/21 02:17 AM Style crashes the whole SD60
DannyUK Offline

Hi All, I hope I am finding you all well.

I have a style called ZOUK (R) which on the 4th variation after it reaches the final bar / note it crashes the keyboard completely sending it into a frenzy, it even makes the notes and keys out of sync across all styles, the only thing to do is to reset the keyboard. This is a shame since I really like this style.

I am still new to the SD60 and I have been trying to work out how I can remove this problem. Ideally, I want to completely delete variation 4 and replace it with variation 3 so that I can modify it as a new variation 4. Is there a way of deleting and copying variations within the style?

Thank you very much,
Danny.

Edited by DannyUK (03/25/21 02:18 AM)

#502510 - 03/25/21 03:44 PM Re: Style crashes the whole SD60 [Re: DannyUK]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Danny,
I have been using Ketron products for the last 8 years and gigged with them on a daily basis until the Covid thing happened. I have thousands of styles from all kinds of keyboards and would try them on whatever Ketron keyboard or module I had at the time. What I found was even though the styles were converted properly some of them would cause a crash requiring a reset. I have NEVER had this happen with the on-board styles of any of my Ketron keyboards of modules. I even had legacy Ketron styles cause a crash. Lesson learned was simple - never gig with a style I had not fully worked through if it was not one of the original on-board styles.

Hope this helped.

Deane

#502512 - 03/26/21 03:37 AM Re: Style crashes the whole SD60 [Re: hammer]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Deane,

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate all that you said although it didn't quite assist with the question I had of how can I delete variation 4 and insert a copy of variation 3 to make it complete? Or even if I Can just delete variation 4 completely and have nothing there at least then it won't break the keyboard.

As for the style itself, it's not a converted style, in fact it's a premium style that was included with the keyboard as one of the USER styles. It certainly sounds like a premium Ketron style and it as the (R) where it's one of those styles that has an intro as variation 4 I think only Ketron does this?

Anyway I'd love to remove this from the style so that I can at least just use the first 3 variations without worrying about the keyboard malfunctioning.

Thanks very much,
Danny

#502530 - 03/27/21 05:48 PM Re: Style crashes the whole SD60 [Re: DannyUK]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Danny,
Truthfully, I do not know how to do what you want to do with the style. But I do know how to get the answer and resolve the issue.

Email AJ and send him the style - he has been outstandingly awesome with support for all the Ketron product and will respond to you very fast.

If you Skype his number is 267-323-5005. He has two email addresses

Ketron@ajamsonic.com
ajamic@gmail.com

I will call him and give him a heads up and tell him to look on the forum.

Deane

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online