SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#50237 - 05/03/03 11:32 AM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
I can't wait to see the replies to this!!!

Joan

#50238 - 05/03/03 12:52 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Mike,
In some cases I'm afraid that you might be right. I think that I might know some people like that.
Anyway, thanks for the laugh of the day.
Still chuckling,
Walt

#50239 - 05/03/03 01:20 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
I traded in my 7000 for a Tyros. 'nuff said!!! Walter.

#50240 - 05/03/03 02:34 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Walter (McLaren),
as Mike said in his reply above:
" It is my considered opinion that most folks would sooner admit they bought the wrong keyboard than say they married the wrong person (or car for that matter!!)"

Cees.

#50241 - 05/03/03 02:59 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've been a 'Dyed in the Wool' Technics fan since the KN800 having had all the top of the range models except KN6500. However, I have heard some very good reports about the Tyros so am seriously considering buying one to add to my present KN7000. The only negative thing I've heard so far is that the User Manual sux - so What's New

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50242 - 05/03/03 07:47 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
After many years of Technics keyboards, Kn1000 to Kn6500, I thought it would be a good idea to make a change--Maybe out of bordom. The Yamaha tyros keyboard was the only one that caught my interest. I listen to all the downtloads. I went to a local dealer six times. He put me in a room by myself, set up the keyboard, with amp, and I played and played.

I knew my dancers would like this keyboard, the rhythm was so strong, so out front. (Bass and Drums) I made a decision to purchase it. Two days latter I cancelled the order. Insight? I don't know.

The KN7000s were now available so I purchased one. Technics has never disappointed in the past, so I went for it.

My first thought was it's beautiful, but it's lacking the drive and fullness of the Tyros. I loved everything else about the keyboard. It looked richer, felt much better, and I like the light. Hee Hee

After one month of trying to get a fuller sound on the Latins, Big Band, and the shuffels, I almost gave up, I had my doubts.

One evening I said to my wife,(my best pal)"This Kn7000 keyboard is a tool that was made to create, so I decided that I was going to find a way to create the strong feel that I needed. I do not give up easily.

The KN7000 came through. After working with the user drum edit and the sound edit, I got more than I needed. The basses and drums were now out front, and the Tyros no longer compared. This keyboard is awsome----But you must learn how to use it, it is a tool.
I love it, John C.
In my humble opinion!!!

#50243 - 05/04/03 11:05 AM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
The only reason I didn't buy a kn7000 in the first place and bought the Yamaha 9K was because of two things. I could not get a hard drive and software to work in my KN6000. I could not use a SCSI CDR with it and there was not any hope in the future at that time. I bought the Yam and then the KN7 came out and I read nothing but problems on this forum. This confirmed my super intelligent decision to buy the Yam top of the line rather then the KN7.
Well..........I don't have the problem of not admitting my mistakes. After all I have been married 7 times, twice to one women, (a compounded mistake), so I am here to tell you that yup yup yup I made a big mistake. The Yam will not replace a KN7 but it will compliment it so I will keep it. I will now buy the KN7 because the sd card has resolved my problem with it and I have learned that most everyone's problems with the K7 was because they did not yet have Alec's extended manual to learn how to use it.
I am now ready to purchase my 5th Technics Keyboard, the KN7000.
I know many of you are wondering so I will save you the embaresment of asking. Jann and I have been married 28 years this year. She is my pride and joy right up there along with the Technics keyboards
Best to all
Bebop

#50244 - 05/04/03 01:29 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Bebop,
First, congratulations on your and Jann's 28th year.
The reason that I like the Technics Kn7000 is that it starts out, as received, to be a fine instrument with many useful generic factory styles. Then, the kicker is that it is tremendously versatile because it is almost fully programable and can be adapted to any style of music and any personal method of playing. Along with complete sound edit, a much better than average built in sound system, and a complete and easy to use sequencer, what more could one ask?
Of course, with such versatility, it means an instrument with tons of buttons and controls, and a steep learning curve. As they say, "No gain without pain", but in the end, very worthwhile. And with the support of the members of this forum, how could you go wrong?
Regards,
Walt

#50245 - 05/05/03 01:42 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I've been a 'Dyed in the Wool' Technics fan since the KN800 having had all the top of the range models except KN6500. However, I have heard some very good reports about the Tyros so am seriously considering buying one to add to my present KN7000. The only negative thing I've heard so far is that the User Manual sux - so What's New

HI BILL,
I go back one keyboard before the KN800 even to the PR 90 and I thought I needed a change too. Well, I made the change a year ago and it was for me a big mistake. I got what I wanted at the time but the next keyboard out of technics has what I wanted in the first place and couldn't get in the KN6. So, I bought the Yamaha 9K. It is a good keyboard but now the K7 has it all so back to Technics. OF course you already have the KN7 so maybe you ought to get the tyros to go with it. Or maybe you would like to buy my Yam 9K, or a TRADE??
Best to you ORB
Bebop

#50246 - 05/13/03 05:05 PM Re: Technics is the most versitle keyboard you can own
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:

Hi Bill,
I've been quiet over the past months doing lots of deliberating over my bank balance, as one does but hang it,I've told my son his inheritance is going down and exchanged my Yamaha9000pro for a Tyros and I'm now deliberating over the Manual, which is light reading compared to my bank statements
I met some of the designers at a meeting at Yamaha UK HQ and suggested among other things, that they make the manual as a ring punched file so the pages fold flat and stay flat as we try to make sense of them!
I don't think you will disappointed if you decide to buy a Tyros as a companion to your 7000.
However,I'm a glutton for punishment ( and fickle,fickle with my keyboards as Granpa Doug commented a while back )and I've just exchanged my KN6500 for a Korg pa80 Elite so that's another manual to get my head round (but it is ring bound ) The styles and voices are great (IMO) and it comes with a HD,Vocal/harmony board,Video output board,crossfading dual sequencer and multitasking for the same price as a 7000.
I've sent a few tunes and sounds to Bepop for the e-mail list as a finale to my Kn6500 (not best heard on 7000 )and guess I,ll be saying farewell to you friendly guys on this forum but no doubt hope to see you around on the General forum (when I get my headout of the manuals )
Best wishes,
Derek.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online