SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#502106 - 01/29/21 03:46 AM the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ?
dud Offline

Loc: israel
the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? which one is better in hammond sound

#502163 - 02/05/21 02:23 AM Re: the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? [Re: dud]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
[quote=dud]the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? which one is better in hammond sound [/quote

The new Hammond has Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel,plus four buttons straight in front of you to pick what section of the keyboard you wat to play, like organ, piano etc. The idea of having the midi plus USB ( both keyboards have this but you might check speed of the USB port. Since on the Crumar it is only a Ver 2.0 .

The Hammond is lihghter at only 9.3 KG and the Crumar is around 11KG

The Hammond also comes in a 73 key size if you want to play a bit more piano or have more use of zones. I don't know if the Crumar does zones.

Also, I think there would be more support for the Hammond if anything does go wrong ( not likely).

There is a lot in the new Hammond that lends itself to a players 'board IMO.

Allan taz

Edited by tassiespirit (02/05/21 02:24 AM)

#502207 - 02/09/21 07:16 AM Re: the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? [Re: dud]
dud Offline

agree , but the B3 does not have all those improvements so the x pro is better ?

it depends who is the buyer. for a purist hammond sound like me , the quality of the sound of the organ is the main reason to by the x pro or crumar mojo or viscount legand solo\live , therfore i think that crumar mojo or viscount although they are much oldrer then the sk pro (a new one ) they are much better as a B3 clones

#502224 - 02/10/21 03:07 PM Re: the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? [Re: dud]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By dud
agree , but the B3 does not have all those improvements so the x pro is better ?

it depends who is the buyer. for a purist hammond sound like me , the quality of the sound of the organ is the main reason to by the x pro or crumar mojo or viscount legand solo\live , therfore i think that crumar mojo or viscount although they are much oldrer then the sk pro (a new one ) they are much better as a B3 clones

Dud,

If older was better, you would be better then to go to an original Hammond Xk5 or XK3C or even the Porta B system. ATM, this Hammond system is the latest and best in the line of Hammond IMO but nothing is the same as the old B3.

This new SK pro comes in both 61 and 73 keys and both portable etc.
But look at upgradability before you buy too. If it will upgrade to the next version of OS or upgrade new voices in the future then that is a plus.
You could always go for a Roland VR-09 for a gigging keyboard too. Thesze are very versatile and easy to use.

Allan

#502226 - 02/11/21 03:27 AM Re: the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? [Re: dud]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
If you are a real "purist" the only thing close to the "real" thing (B3) is the KX5 Hammond .
But if you have a small budget there are also some good modules like the new Crumar MOJO Desktop Tonewheel Organ Module

I. smile

#502232 - 02/11/21 12:08 PM Re: the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? [Re: dud]
dud Offline

my friends i don't agree with you . as an owner of B3 in the past , for my taste the best clones are crumar mojo and viscount legand. bothe of them sound more authentic then sk pro that miss the warmth of the real thing . yes the kx5 is in the same leage but twice in the price , but even if all of them would have been in the same price i would choose the crumar or the viscount , becouse they are much warmer . hearing crumar with a real leslie sound almost the real thing.

#502241 - 02/13/21 09:01 AM Re: the new hammond sk pro or crumar mojo 61 ? [Re: dud]
dud Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online