SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#502155 - 02/02/21 08:28 AM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: GlennT]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I remember watching Cocoon as a young man, it’s a completely different movie now I’m getting old myself!

Hang in there, Gary..!

#502156 - 02/02/21 01:02 PM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: Diki]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Those actors in Cocoon don't looks so old to me now. eek

Jerryghr

#502158 - 02/03/21 05:13 AM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: GlennT]
Crossover Offline

Wishing you the best for the vaccination. Surprisingly, I was invited to a BioNTech/Pfizer vaccination today. I was included in the vaccination list of a rest home in which I often play the organ in church services. I‘m very grateful for that.

#502161 - 02/04/21 07:04 AM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: GlennT]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
the new generation don't use arrangers , only adults and old people still use it , but there is not enough places to perform , so the market of proffesional arrangers players become little , so the companies stop to produce flagship arrangers , therfore all those talking and arguments are not relevant , and synth zone arranger cecome less atractive.

#502162 - 02/04/21 07:40 AM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: dud]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By dud
the new generation don't use arrangers , only adults and old people still use it , but there is not enough places to perform , so the market of proffesional arrangers players become little , so the companies stop to produce flagship arrangers , therfore all those talking and arguments are not relevant , and synth zone arranger cecome less atractive.

SZ was much more active not that long ago. Unfortunately during the past few years USA political differences have become downright nasty, and some of that vitriol infiltrated the SynthZone forums. Many active members decided to leave this long time service because of political discussions in the "The Bar" forum. This is why SZ has slowed down a bit, although age and arranger keyboards is indeed, also a factor.

Perhaps those "regulars" will decide to come back, they'll remember their "roots" and what the SZ has provided us these past 30 + years. I'm certain we can get back to a more normal forum without politics. Besides that, I miss those 'ol guys. smile

May SZ Live On

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#502192 - 02/08/21 07:30 AM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: GlennT]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dud, I think younger musicians would be a market for arranger keyboard manufacturers if there were music stores in their area that actually had someone selling them that had some rudementary knowledge of their many, wonderful features and the versatility of an arranger keyboard and what they offer for an entertainer. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Ironically, the guy who worked in that department of GC used to call me to find out how to do things with their arranger keyboards - he didn't have a clue and he was the head of that department at GC.

When I was vacationing in the Florida Keys, I took my gear with me and I was only one of two arranger keyboard players from Key Largo all the way to Key West. Some had small bands, while the vast majority of entertainers were "Have Guitar Will Travel" folks that accepted whatever the bar and restaurant managers offered, which frequently $35 to $50 for a 4 hour job. Personally, I would not get out of bed for $50 for a 4-hour job. Turns out that I managed to get $200 for a 3-hour job in the Keys, I could have been booked every evening, but Hell, I was on vacation, therefore I decided to work just 3 nights a week so I can get some sailing and fishing time in during the other 4 days. Yes, I fished from the deck of my sailboat and caught lots of fish. It was a bit cumbersome with all the rigging, but I managed to work around it. We ate fresh fish, shrimp and lobster 4 nights a week - OH YEAH!

So, just because us "old" guys are the major consumers of arranger keyboards, I sincerely believe it's an educational thing more than anything to do with young V/S old musicians. They see lots of guitar players where they frequent, and don't realize there is a lot more than just guitars in the world of musical instruments - they just have never been introduced to them. smile

The nights I was performing in the resort restaurant, I had a packed house, and while some were glued to the screen of their cellular telephones (so called smart phones) I managed to get a fair number of folks off the bar stools and away from their tables and up on the small dance floor. The manager was amazed and said no one ever got up and danced when the other entertainers were performing. Additionally, the crowds seemed to stay longer, consume more food and beverages and spent more money. An average night of tips, mainly from tourist, was about $150 to $200, far more than any of the Have Guitar Will Travel guys experienced. If they got $50 for the entire 4-hours, they were happy campers.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/08/21 07:31 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#502193 - 02/08/21 09:29 AM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: GlennT]
deb Offline

Loc: netherlands
Yes , politics and keyboards are a very bad combination .

#502198 - 02/08/21 11:56 AM Re: Synth Zone Drop-outs [Re: deb]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By deb
Yes , politics and keyboards are a very bad combination .

I totally agree. I don't come here for political enlightenment.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online