SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#502041 - 01/18/21 04:20 PM Live Guitars in Keyboard - Ketron SD9
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Greetings all! Long time no see. wave

I saw this video on YouTube and I thought I would post it here for your enjoyment. I'm guessing the Live-Guitar feature will be added through an OS update. Sounds really good. I still have my Genos but I think Yamaha has now halted any further OS development for the Genos but only time will tell. If and when the Genos II arrives hopefully it will have something similar to the Live Guitar feature on the Ketron SD-9. Kudos to Ketron.

"Live-Guitar technology offers the most realistic rhythmic guitars imaginable on a keyboard. These are the recordings of real guitarists who play along with us in the accompaniment section."

#502073 - 01/25/21 11:22 AM Re: Live Guitars in Keyboard - Ketron SD9 [Re: keybplayer]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Seems as though Yamaha has done away with live audio sampling culminating in the PSR-S950 with live audio drums. I think they were loadable in the S970. Revo drums in the newer PSR’s and Genos seems to be their direction.

I agree live guitars would be a welcome addition as strum guitars seem to be a weakness in my opinion.

#502076 - 01/25/21 12:21 PM Re: Live Guitars in Keyboard - Ketron SD9 [Re: keybplayer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Now if it just had a chord looper (sequencer) , it would be perfect!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#502078 - 01/25/21 01:53 PM Re: Live Guitars in Keyboard - Ketron SD9 [Re: keybplayer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The problem with live guitar loops was always, yes, they'd sound great on simple maj, min and 7ths or sometimes dim, but what do you get if you ask for a sus4, or an aug, or an add9, or an 11th, 13th etc.?

Sometimes you'd get an additional note from a poorly matched sampled guitar so now you have a 7 string guitar, most of the time a wholesale substitution of a MIDI guitar chord was used, leading to a very noticeable change in timbre...

Guitar modes are getting better all the time. Guitar samples are getting better all the time. We are getting to the point where guitar modes on computer acoustics and electrics can barely be distinguished from a loop. But every chord, every extension, every open chord, every fret position are modeled.

THAT'S what we need in arrangers, not pre-canned audio loops with a minimalistic choice of chords and voicings....

#502086 - 01/27/21 09:47 AM Re: Live Guitars in Keyboard - Ketron SD9 [Re: keybplayer]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
You can have Live Guitars for Yamaha too smile
I bought this pack on sale. Almost half off.
It is awesome. Great styles:

See Here

Live drums, base and guitars

Here is the Chord recognition for Dikki:

Very groove styles:
Starts @2:40

Eric

#502087 - 01/27/21 09:49 AM Re: Live Guitars in Keyboard - Ketron SD9 [Re: Eric, B]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
BTW
You can use all parts of the styles and copy and paste into existing styles via style assembly.
I have created some awesome styles this way.
Lots of possibilities. smile keys

Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online