SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#50196 - 06/09/05 04:35 PM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Very sad news indeed. I met Chuck at the 'North of the Gap' gathering, which we had in the UK, shortly after the KN7000 was released. He was, as others have said, a real Gentleman and was always eager to help other forum members, when he could.

Chuck became a real friend to me and at his request, I went to visit him at his flat, in Manchester just last month. It was very obvious to me that he was having a very difficult time coping with the horrible disease, which he had contracted.

I believe the reference made by Alan, in the initial post in this thread "I know you were a friend of his and had come here to collect some things from his flat in Whitefield." was intended for me, and I will contact Alan to help out, if I can.

In case Alan does not read the messages on the forum, I will pass on the sentiments to him and Chuck's family.
A sad day indeed............

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50197 - 06/09/05 05:51 PM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
It is sad to hear that someone has passed on. Because it is on this forum and it is Chuck who added so much, the sadness is deeper, it is personal.

On the positive side, all that is happening does tell us about the value and sensitivity of our forum.

My prayers go to Chuck?s family.
John C.

#50198 - 06/09/05 06:37 PM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:

I believe the reference made by Alan, in the initial post in this thread "I know you were a friend of his and had come here to collect some things from his flat in Whitefield." was intended for me, and I will contact Alan to help out, if I can.

In case Alan does not read the messages on the forum, I will pass on the sentiments to him and Chuck's family.
A sad day indeed............

[/B]

Bill, you are correct and I advised Alan of that. In his second letter to me he said he later realized that it was you that visited him and it was me that he came to visit in California. His elderly aunt lives just up the freeway from me a short distance. His brother lives in Los Angeles. I had hoped he would be able to come over again this year but he told me about 3 or 4 weeks ago that he was afraid he had made his last trip to the states. Chuck was a native of California.
Thanks to all for your posts. Chuck was a great man and inspiration to all the members of this forum. He never stopped trying to master his music and instruments.
Best to all
Bebop

#50199 - 06/09/05 09:11 PM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Chuck was both a great BBS friend as well as an accomplished musician. I am so sorry to hear this news but all the same all of us that knew him will never forget him. I am sure he is still looking down on the BBS and appreciating all the good wishes from the members here that knew him. We will all miss Chuck. Our sympathy goes out to his family.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-11-2005).]

#50200 - 06/10/05 05:24 AM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
What sad and devastating news! Although I did not know Chuck in person, he was a devoted SynthZone contributor and a great musician. Now the heavenly music he played so well is for the angels above to share, as we have shared it during his earthly lifetime.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to all his family. He will be sorely missed by us all.

Ted Rose

#50201 - 06/10/05 09:08 AM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello

I'm Rob Piper, Chuck's middle son (there are 3 of us, Roy is the eldest, then me then Alan). I have been so heartened to hear the lovely things that you have all been saying about my Dad, someone who we all loved so very much and who we will miss more than any words can ever say.

My Dad leaves behind our Mum who my Dad always called Queenie (real name Lydia) as well as a brother Richard and sister Margaret. My uncle Richard lives in Los Angeles, California and he will be coming over for my Dad's funeral which will be on Friday 17th of June at St Paul's Church in Blackley, Manchester.

My Dad as many of you will have discovered, was a bright, intelligent man who was deeply committed and interested in learning to play music. He started out in his teens playing the trombone in the Los Angeles Youth Symphony Orchestra. In addition to the keyboard and trombone, he had also learnt to play the guitar over the years, particularly the bass.

He was intereseted in so many things, including golf, history, computing, speedway (used to race for the B team at the Bellevue Aces in the 50's), lots of sport, astronomy as well as keeping in touch with friends.

My Dad's greatest enthusiasm was reserved for his family, who he loved dearly and talked about constantly. For us he was a star (according to his grandson Joshua) and we will always remember him with love and affection.

Can I just thank you all for saying so many nice things about him and for helping us to see that his light shone in other people's lives too.

Best wishes
The Piper Family

#50202 - 06/10/05 11:42 AM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My condolences as well to Chuck's family ... While it is a loss, it is nice to read about the obviously deep, loving relationship he had with his family... That is something that is missing far to often from people's lives today ...
My prayers are with his wife, Lydia (my wife's name as well) and his sons...
t.

#50203 - 06/11/05 12:01 AM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
How saddened I was to learn only this morning (via e-mail from Bill Norrie), of the passing of Chuck.

I never met him, but from time to time we exchanged 'chatty' e-mails, debating subjects we had in common such as music, golf, and todays society. He held very strong, but thoughtful views on such matters. And it was obvious from his writings to me (which I still have), that here was 'a gentleman'. - Intelligent, articulate, kindly, and caring. A breed of mankind who 'give' to people, instead of taking.

Our very brief touching of souls, was a 'profit-making' experience. Thanks Chuck.

Colin leaney

#50204 - 06/11/05 12:05 PM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Prayers to all the family

Barry

#50205 - 06/12/05 09:44 AM Re: OUR FRIEND CHUCK PIPER HAS GONE HOME TO THE LORD
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
He was a great contribitor to the forums, and will be sadly missed. Take my condolences Rob,

Tony

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online