SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#501811 - 12/16/20 10:36 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
He may have left us but he will never be forgotten.

R.I.P Nigel

#501812 - 12/16/20 04:37 PM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Very sorry for your loss Kerry. We hope Nigel has found the peace and serenity we are all searching for. He found music during his lifetime, which I'm sure brought him comfort through the deepest darkest times.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#501814 - 12/17/20 07:18 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
ZootAllures Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Our condolences to you and your family Kerry.

#501815 - 12/17/20 09:05 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have known Nigel for nearly 2 decades, we talked on the phone several times, he was a class act. Though we disagreed on some subjects, we agreed on many others and always were courteous to each other. One of the high points in my life was when he sent me an award plaque from the Synthzone, which Don Mason and Russ Lay both were also part of issuing me this award. I am eternally grateful for his kindness and friendship over these many years and he will always remain in my memories.

Kerry and I have something in common as well - we both love sailing, though I am now too old to sail, thus cannot enjoy those wonderful days of sailing down Chesapeake Bay and the coastal waters of the Atlantic from Maryland to Florida. She is a wonderful person, and how I wish I could have met both Kerry and Nigel in person and take them sailing.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#501816 - 12/17/20 10:29 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
First, I want to express my condolences to Nigel's wife and family and my sincere sadness at Nigel's death. Along with Capt Russ, Nigel and I WERE philosophically (in the words of Capt Russ) "joined at the hip". In terms of social justice, fairness, empathy, and just basic morality, I have no doubt that time will show Nigel to be on the right side of history.

I stepped away from SZ so as not to be an excuse for people leaving the site. Nigel provided a site (The Bar) for no-holds-barred discussion that was SUPPOSED to be a safe haven for disparate points of view, but it seems even THAT was not enough to overcome the divisions that have currently overtaken the country.

Nigel spent a good chunk of his life building a premier site that many here enjoyed for years and years but in the end, in the words of Oscar Wilde, "No good deed goes unpunished". That's all I'll say about that. R.I.P. Nigel.

Your friend in spirit,

chas

#501817 - 12/17/20 11:17 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Shocking news.. May Nigel`s soul rest in peace. Although I didn`t know him in person, the interactions here in Synthzone forums have always indicated him to be a wise, gentle, inclusive and kind person. He really loved his job, his guitars and keyboards and of course someone who really loved music a lot. Sincere condolences and prayers to Nigel`s family.

Auron Music

#501818 - 12/17/20 11:27 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Terrible news, sorry to hear this. Condolences to family and friends!!!

#501824 - 12/18/20 11:09 PM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I was very sorry to hear about this. I will miss my interaction with Nigel on SZ and facebook. My condolences.

#501848 - 12/21/20 06:32 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: adimatis]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

though having been a member for nigh on 20 years I have not been very active here on the forum due to several circumstances.
My most sincere and heartfelt condolences to Kerry and those close to him for this tragic loss. I sincerely hope you will be able to continue his efforts overhere in memory of him.
warm regards from the Netherlands,

John Smies

#501855 - 12/22/20 10:22 AM Re: Nigel has passed... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
To the family...Love this place that Nigel kept up & running. Has helped me so much in my development with the Arranger Keyboard as a Songwriting tool. Without lurking on this FORUM for 5-7 years before actually purchasing an Arranger, I would have never considered the purchase. It changed my career.

May his memory through this FORUM live on

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online