SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#50170 - 04/07/03 10:48 AM Re: Have strange problem USB
mally Offline

Loc: United kingdom
Hi Tony I Had A similer problem with windows XP. I Had to reload the drivers, If you follow the instruction manual on the disk, And follow It word for word loading the drivers first then the application It works the instructions are in three langauges so you need to read it all the way through I do not use an extension cable but I tried it on a 3,metre cable and it worked fine hope this helps

Mally

#50171 - 04/07/03 01:00 PM Re: Have strange problem USB
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I'm surprised you found someone at PC World who knew what a USB lead was

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50172 - 04/07/03 02:42 PM Re: Have strange problem USB
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Tony,
I have a Dell Pentium 4 computer and an old Compaq Laptop and both work without problems without a powered hub for the USB. In fact, I have used as much as nine feet of USB cable without problems.
I did have problems at first because of other software stealing processor time away from the USB transfer between the PC and KN7000. Windows XP is particularly bad for this as it is constantly checking for "this and that" on the system. The result is that it causes stuttering of the WAV or MP3 file that you are trying to generate. There has been quite a bit of discussion about this in the past on the forums. If you can't find the past information, contact me by EMail and I'll research it for you.
Regards,
Walt

#50173 - 04/07/03 02:43 PM Re: Have strange problem USB
technicsplayer Offline

nice one, Willum

#50174 - 04/07/03 02:54 PM Re: Have strange problem USB
technicsplayer Offline

3 metres or 9 feet is no problem at all since it is the limit for reliable operation for usb 1.1 with all peripherals. Some slow peripherals might work up to 5 metres, but no more can be guaranteed reliably without a powered hub.

The 7000 drivers specifically state they are not guaranteed to work via a hub; therefore whether it works or not will be a matter of luck depending on the particular hardware used.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online