SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#501696 - 12/07/20 03:35 PM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: shueymusic]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
I haven't fully tested it yet, since I use two. My initial test was favorable. It sounds like each speaker has a fuller range.
I never really liked playing mp3s through one L1 Compact during breaks. Something was missing in the sound.
My new L1 Pro16 sounds amazing and full.
Eric

Edited by Eric, B (12/07/20 03:42 PM)

#501699 - 12/07/20 08:10 PM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Keep us posted on your progress with the L1PRO16!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#501708 - 12/08/20 02:06 PM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: shueymusic]
Eric, B Offline

Thanks
Sure will.
I am still in my honeymoon phase LOL.
Just blown away by the sound compared to the Compact.
So much though, that I will sell the compacts once things opening up in my neck of the woods.
If I needs a lighter set up I can take just one or maybe get 2 of the L1 Pro8 ...
We'll see. We still got some ways to go before we get back to some more life music.
Can't wait.
My plan is to be offering some benefits concerts.
My only condition is that it has to be personal.
The money needs to go to someone in our community that has been hit hard.
Not some corporation fund where the money will get lost. ...
Time will tell
Meanwhile I am having lots of fun playing through the Pro16
Eric

#501709 - 12/08/20 03:23 PM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: shueymusic]
Eric, B Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
How does one L1Pro16 sound with the stereo piano samples?

Just saw this on the Bose forum.
Great Idea:

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your post.

You can use input 1 for the left channel and input 2 for the right, but make sure both L1 channels have the same EQ and volume settings to maintain the balance.

Alternatively, you can connect from your keyboard's headphones output (or its dedicated mono output, if it has one) with a single cable.

Hope this helps!

#501712 - 12/08/20 08:23 PM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
shueymusic Offline

I called Frank… He is given great deals to forum members on the new Bose. I had a Bose S1pro and it worked well with the stereo piano samples. I took the left & right quarter inch out of the Genos into the 3.5mm of the S1pro… I could do the same thing on the L1Pro16. Plus, I was thinking of getting the Bose T4S mixer and use the tone match cable for power and audio. Then I can sit the mixer on the Genos and have a way to sum the stereo into mono through the mixer.

As for portable line arrays, I went from a JBL EON ONE to a RCF JMIX8 to maybe the. Bose L1Pro16.

Quick question... is the plastic extention wobbly when it’s plugged into the base unit? From the online reviews, it looks like the spacer is made of plastic and the speaker is made of a metal. I just saw one video where the plastic spacer has a lot of movement… Just wondering if it is an issue.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#501713 - 12/08/20 09:15 PM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: shueymusic]
Eric, B Offline

I called Frank… He is given great deals to forum members on the new Bose. I had a Bose S1pro and it worked well with the stereo piano samples. I took the left & right quarter inch out of the Genos into the 3.5mm of the S1pro… I could do the same thing on the L1Pro16. Plus, I was thinking of getting the Bose T4S mixer and use the tone match cable for power and audio. Then I can sit the mixer on the Genos and have a way to sum the stereo into mono through the mixer.

As for portable line arrays, I went from a JBL EON ONE to a RCF JMIX8 to maybe the. Bose L1Pro16.

Quick question... is the plastic extention wobbly when it’s plugged into the base unit? From the online reviews, it looks like the spacer is made of plastic and the speaker is made of a metal. I just saw one video where the plastic spacer has a lot of movement… Just wondering if it is an issue.

The spacer is plastic.
The extension with speakers has a metal grill with plastic to the back.
They fit pretty tight together.
There is some movement of course if you move it back and forth.
Same with all line arrays.
I don't thing it is an issue.
In regards to the piano: I think I will try the suggestion mentioned above, which seems like a perfect solution:
Use input 1 for the left channel and input 2 for the right from your keyboard, but make sure both L1 channels have the same EQ and volume settings to maintain the balance.
Good luck with whatever you decide
Eric

#501714 - 12/09/20 06:12 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: shueymusic]
Crossover Offline

Sorry for hijacking: What did you think of the Bose S1 pro in terms of output? Did it get reasonably loud without sounding stressed?

#501716 - 12/09/20 01:33 PM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You’d think that, with multiple speakers going up the array, it might be possible to use them angled slightly and direct left channel signals slightly one way and right channel signals the other way...

That way at least there would be a degree of separation between the two without the usually bad cancellation between signals when mixed electronically to mono.

Of course, all centrally panned stuff would sound exactly the same it does now, but it might be nice to have left AND right amps in the one bass unit and just the one stick give at least a better spread for stereo sounds and effects...

Does anyone know of an array system that already does this?

#501771 - 12/14/20 10:41 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Crossover]
shueymusic Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
Sorry for hijacking: What did you think of the Bose S1 pro in terms of output? Did it get reasonably loud without sounding stressed?
Originally Posted By Crossover
[quote=shueymusic]I called Frank… He is given great deals to forum members on the new Bose. I had a Bose S1pro and it worked well with the stereo piano samples. I took the left & right quarter inch out of the Genos into the 3.5mm of the S1pro… I could do the same thing on the L1Pro16. Plus, I was thinking of getting the Bose T4S mixer and use the tone match cable for power and audio. Then I can sit the mixer on the Genos and have a way to sum the stereo into mono through the mixer.

The Bose S1pro was good... it was very convenient to use because the battery… It worked excellent as a Bluetooth amplifier for your iPhone or iPad… It got deep for program information… For what are used it for it didn’t give me as much as I wanted but I think I was asking too much from it. As a back up speaker or a small floor wedge, it did well.

#501772 - 12/14/20 10:54 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
shueymusic Offline

To me… Stereo is always better for my ears because most of these keyboards have samples that were recorded in stereo. I just played a gig where I used two RCF HD10A speakers in stereo and the pianos sounded fantastic on the Genos. When I was practicing at home… I used my RCF JMIX8... Vocals and guitar sounds sounded great through it… The piano was OK but they were still some phasing issues going on. When I set up for the gig, I said I bring speakers just so I can hear the way I want to hear it and then I plugged into their house system (speakers in the ceiling) through a single auxiliary send. It sounded good where I was sitting… And that’s a good thing because it makes the performance go a little bit better.

If I ever get to demo a Bose L1 Pro16, I will try several different ways to see what it does to the sound… Especially the piano sounds when a single column combines the stereo signal. I was thinking that I could do a Bose T4S and use channels 5/6 1/4” from the Genos and see how it sounds through the tonematch cable.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online