SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#501122 - 10/18/20 04:54 AM Re: ROLAND EA7 or YAMAHA SX700? [Re: tombikadam]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
it is a matter of taste. to my eares EA7 sounds like a begginer arranger especialy in the styles departments ' SX700 sounds more like GENOS and for me it means that the quality of the sounds is much much better , and the styles sound like a proffesianal sofisticated band.
but thats me.

#501146 - 10/19/20 10:20 AM Re: ROLAND EA7 or YAMAHA SX700? [Re: tombikadam]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Exactly. It's a matter of taste. Personally, until the Revo drums started appearing in Yamaha's (and there aren't that many in an SX700) I always felt that Roland and Korg were much more punchy and 'live' sounding, and Yamaha's felt very 'CD' like, compressed and flat.

But a lot of that depends on whether that's the sound you are going for or not...

This is a debate that has raged since they first came out, and it always basically turned into a 'mine's better than yours'. I believe the truth is, sound for sound, no arranger has an across the board superiority. There are some exceptional sounds in every one, and some clunkers. How you feel about an arranger, whether you use it or not, largely depends on whether the great sounds are ones you use all the time, and whether the clunkers are something you NEED a lot!

This also applies to the styles, perhaps even more so to the styles... Korg's smooth jazz styles were always exceptional, Yamaha always nailed the oldies and worship styles, Roland's were the go to choice for rock. Once again, how you feel about an arranger has a lot to do with what genre you principally play...

Here's the truth (IMHO!):

THEY'RE ALL GOOD!

We live in amazing times...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online