SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#500552 - 09/06/20 05:25 AM OT: Curiosity Comparison
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Curious as to which you prefer (Or perhaps neither) of these three sets of tracks below, (Organ not arranger) if you wish to make a comment about why you like or dislike them please do, as I am just curious. (Be honest)

Bill

https://app.box.com/s/ljupx7jrabpmu2rw1oos

https://www.wersi.net/sound-demos/

Click on Audio Demos https://www.keyswerk.de/produkte/

#500565 - 09/08/20 10:29 AM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

93 views and no comments, is a bit disappointing.

Bill

#500567 - 09/08/20 11:20 AM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: abacus]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

I did not listen to all of your box net link demos, or all the demos on the Wersi link, but they both sounded fantastic, full and rich.

Great demos Bill, you have at least matched or bettered the Wersi demos. Did you edit these after recording?

BTW, I listened with headphones through a PC

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#500570 - 09/08/20 03:00 PM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: abacus]
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Clearly all this is above the basket compared to our usual arranger keyboards.

It's hard to make comparisons with songs ( sequences , live game ) being different.

The price of these devices puts them in another category. High technology at a high price and exceeds the financial means of the people present on this site without a doubt

I also have no doubt that a Ferrari or a porshe far exceeds everything that rolls. Can you know how to drive, of course;

The first series seemed very realistic in terms of sound.

#500571 - 09/08/20 04:44 PM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: abacus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By abacus
93 views and no comments, is a bit disappointing.

Bill

You should realize that probably most views are from non members online who can't comment. Only registered members are able to comment. All the postings here show up in Google searches.

#500574 - 09/08/20 11:02 PM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: abacus]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
What Magali said- there are probably about two hours of listening here. The songs span multiple genres and the first ones aren't labeled. The first batch has some diverse selections that are quite impressive in their own way. The 2nd batch are polished and more typically what I would think of as demos. Thank you for sharing.

#500577 - 09/09/20 05:44 AM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: lahawk]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk

I did not listen to all of your box net link demos, or all the demos on the Wersi link, but they both sounded fantastic, full and rich.

Great demos Bill, you have at least matched or bettered the Wersi demos. Did you edit these after recording?

BTW, I listened with headphones through a PC

Hi Larry

The Box tracks are from a demo CD of OAS done by Mark Whale in 2007 with full details and listing contained in the .jpg images which are also in the folder.
Thanks for posting

Bill

#500578 - 09/09/20 05:45 AM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: Magali]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By Magali
Clearly all this is above the basket compared to our usual arranger keyboards.

It's hard to make comparisons with songs ( sequences , live game ) being different.

The price of these devices puts them in another category. High technology at a high price and exceeds the financial means of the people present on this site without a doubt

I also have no doubt that a Ferrari or a porshe far exceeds everything that rolls. Can you know how to drive, of course;

The first series seemed very realistic in terms of sound.

Hi Magali

Thanks for posting

Bill

#500579 - 09/09/20 05:47 AM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: TedS]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By TedS
What Magali said- there are probably about two hours of listening here. The songs span multiple genres and the first ones aren't labeled. The first batch has some diverse selections that are quite impressive in their own way. The 2nd batch are polished and more typically what I would think of as demos. Thank you for sharing.

Hi TedS

If you click on the rear.jpg it lists all the titles and the rest of the .jpg images give more in depth details.
The Box files are of the Wersi OAS range (2000-2014) with the latest Wersi demos (2nd link) featuring the latest OAX range, (2014-On) the 3rd link is for the latest Bohm Sempra Instruments, (Another German Manufacture) hope this clarifies.

Bill

#500581 - 09/09/20 10:56 AM Re: OT: Curiosity Comparison [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It’s always about the player, not the gear.

Same guy with a Genos or a PA4X or even a BK-9 would make all our jaws drop. There is no magic bullet, there are no shortcuts. The gear is the servant to the player, never the other way round! 🎹

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online