SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50040 - 04/14/02 10:38 AM Talking styles again
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi folks
Have you thinking of how easy it is to get new styles from your old (or new) midisongs?

Just go into the composer and copy some bars in the intro or the end of the song. Same way with the line bars and fills. Just copy some bars and soon you have a new style with intro, ending and fills. This is allowed of course only for your own keyboard. Donīt try to sell them in case you got in troubles.

And one thing more. I know I said this before somewhere. Is it so hard to made your own styles? I mean, we talk of 4-8 bars only.
Rgd
Lindoz

#50041 - 04/14/02 11:22 AM Re: Talking styles again
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hi Lindoz.
It sure is good to see you here on this forum again. Thanks for sharing all the good things we all need to know. Remember that we have a lot of beginners here with their first major arranger keyboard and they all have good questions that need good answers.
Know you are appreciated here.
PS you owe me a letter. You never replied to my last letter
We had 86 degrees here yesterday. Is your ice melting yet
Best to you and yours from,
BEBOP

#50042 - 04/14/02 12:18 PM Re: Talking styles again
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Fills are the hardest for me and I try to avoid them if possible. Sometimes it only takes an instrumental change to make a big difference. Of course, one can always "borrow" a little here and there, like Lindoz says, and I use that shortcut for intros and endings if I can't fix it myself. It makes me appreciate something that needs no fixing at all.

Bebop...where would the world be without Sweden's long winter and thick ice? Who would supply the ice cubes for the rest of us?

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 04-14-2002).]

#50043 - 04/14/02 03:11 PM Re: Talking styles again
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi Bill
Well sometimes my eagerness might go too far. But we also have some "oldtimers" here, I belive.
This year we lost the ice in January. We now have about 50-55 in daytime. So this year Iīm afraid we canīt supply U.S with icecubs. But with a little help from Gunnar Jonny and his Norwegian friends, we maybe manage it.
I know I own you a letter and you can expect something in this week and it applies to Bud and Alec too.

And Bud, I had some thoughts about copyright. If you do some changes in a style, let us say drums and bass and maybe a guitar. Who has the copyright then? Do you understand the problems?
Well folks, now itīs time for sleep, so have a good night/day wherever you are.
Lindoz

[This message has been edited by Lindoz (edited 04-14-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online