SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#500323 - 08/18/20 02:08 PM Need help from the sax players here!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I need some assistance from the sax players here. Helping someone with their parents old music gear. The father was a sax player, and it appears he had some big ticket models. Anyone here care to offer some expertise regarding them? The brands are KING, Buescher “Aristocrat”, and SELMER. One appears to be VERY old. I think it’s CG Conn out of Elkhart Indiana. It’s silver and an alto. The KING is a very old Super 20 (I know those go for big money).

Edit: the CG Conn Silver Alto is from 1914...

Sqk

Edited by squeak_D (08/18/20 04:18 PM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#500340 - 08/21/20 01:14 AM Re: Need help from the sax players here! [Re: squeak_D]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
SQK, I was in the same position a few months ago when my friend passed away. There were buyers who took advantage; gave him half of what his Selmer tenor was worth. I got in touch with a Mom and Pop music store and had them take all his equipment on consignment. They set a price accordingly to the market. eBay and Reverb.

They cleaned the equipment and took 30% of the sale. (fair)

Sad to say the two Mom and Pop stores here in West Palm Beach are closing their stores soon – they are going to sell on line. The only store left in my area will be Guitar Center.
Hope this helps, John C.

SQK, why don’t you list them on eBay and Reverb?

#500343 - 08/21/20 06:39 AM Re: Need help from the sax players here! [Re: bruno123]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Thx.., I suggested he might even consider an estate sale. This guys parents were both performers. The amount of vintage gear in this house is unreal. I’ve looked up several of the saxes and the vintage KING sax alone is worth $5,000 minimal. We even pulled out an old reel to reel from the 60’s! It’s a group of vintage keyboards, saxes, flutes, clarinets, recording equipment, numerous speakers sets with heads, and even lighting equipment.

I’m going to suggest he also try FB market place (locally) too. Unfortunately, I think he was already taken advantage of by a lifelong friend of his fathers who bought all of the stringed instruments he had (which was many.., and they too were vintage.., Fender and Gibson).

Sqk
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online