SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#499949 - 07/19/20 06:00 AM Re: Downloaded premium packs sme files: what next? [Re: Eric, B]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
I’ve downloaded the free content yet to see what works on the Tyros 4.

#499951 - 07/19/20 11:25 AM Re: Downloaded premium packs sme files: what next? [Re: Eric, B]
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Ordered the Ballroom Premium style pack which was accepted at no cost. Accepted the order but that was the end of it. No email, no download, nothing.

#499953 - 07/19/20 11:59 AM Re: Downloaded premium packs sme files: what next? [Re: Sapphire]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
Ordered the Ballroom Premium style pack which was accepted at no cost. Accepted the order but that was the end of it. No email, no download, nothing.

Currently you may or may not get an email, and it doesn't really matter. After a while (currently undetermined amount of time) and after you sign in, it will be in your Library ready to download (currently unpredictable download reliability).

Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out soon. Yamaha needs to let us know if the packs are compatible with our keyboard BEFORE downloading, instead of finding out the hard way AFTER downloading and trying to load into Expansion Manager. In fact they need to bring back the search by your arranger keyboard model, rather than lumping all packs together without knowing for sure it will be compatible. Guess they have a long way to go.

Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499964 - 07/20/20 01:13 AM Re: Downloaded premium packs sme files: what next? [Re: Eric, B]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
My order is there as I ordered it,but there is no download button or link I can find,.

#499965 - 07/20/20 01:41 AM Re: Downloaded premium packs sme files: what next? [Re: Bernie9]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Bernie9
My order is there as I ordered it,but there is no download button or link I can find,.

Sign in to your account, go to 'My Library'. There you'll see the files ordered.
If your order is marked 'pending' it's not ready for download, if it's marked 'completed', just look at the right side of the filename.
Look for the little 'square' as you can see in Larrys screenshot, and click it.
Warning: Site is still slow as h***, and downloads often get broken before finish.
Then just try again.... and again...and again.
Yamaha say it will be better within a week or two. 👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#499970 - 07/20/20 01:01 PM Re: Downloaded premium packs sme files: what next? [Re: Eric, B]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks for the info GJ,the site is down for maintainance. No hurry,will let them get up and running.

Bernie

#500005 - 07/23/20 10:03 AM Re: Downloaded premium packs sme files: what next? [Re: Eric, B]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
Has anyone managed to download the content yet without the server crashing. .?

#500008 - 07/23/20 04:53 PM Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs are free! [Re: Eric, B]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quite a few of the downloads will not load into Expansion Manager with the install target being an SX-900. Why can't Yamaha let us know what keyboards these packs are for, before we go through the whole aggravating download process?

Pictured below is an example, this a Choir and Vocals Pack that I could finally completely download, but only to find out it's for a Genos, T-5, and T-5 76. I'm unable to load any of these packs into Expansion Manager / SX900. Why would they not make it available for the SX-900?

It's a hit or miss for downloading, so they really need to let users know compatible keyboards that these packs will load into BEFORE downloading.

Finally, while I'm on a rolling rant smile why did Yamaha find the need to entirely revamp the MusicSoft website for a price change? Yamaha, couldn't you just change certain pack prices to $0 and boom, it's done? And one last thing, what's the holdup, why such a slow and cumbersome website, after two weeks of working on it, and it's still messed up? As you can tell, for me, it's currently too frustrating, and for now, I give up.

Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#500011 - 07/24/20 05:22 AM Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs are free! [Re: Eric, B]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Looks like it mostly works OK at the US shop-site now. 👍
Lots of free goodies for the Yammieusers that not has bought before Yamaha did this 'give away' stunt. 😊

But, Yamaha could do this in a easier way, i.e. if they uploaded free packs to the same site as OS upgrades and free packs such as the audiofiles and manuals is to find.
Then it could be categorized for each model, they could keep the sales site for only the 'buyware' and it would be much more simple for the users. 👌

Anyway, have fun explore the goodies!
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online