SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#498944 - 06/17/20 07:24 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Up here in the North East it's all about those Cold Cranking Amps to get a vehicle started after it's been out all night or more in frigid temps ...

#498976 - 06/18/20 03:29 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks to all for the info. Been doing a lot of thinking, internet searching and researching. Going to have to total the amp requirements of my equipment and budget restrictions ... Ciao, Jerry

#498987 - 06/18/20 07:33 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The Trojan T-105 batteries I used on my boat produced 225 Ampere Hours @ 20 hours.
this translated to 447 minutes of use at 25 amps draw. I had 4 of these on the boat rigged in a series/parallel configuration to obtain 12-volts. This provided me with 900 ampere hours of power, far more than any car or light truck battery could produce. To this, I paired another, 12-volt, deep cycle, heavy-duty marine battery of 250 ampere hours. With this system I could run my 3,000-watt onboard radar system for 10 to 12 hours with negligible voltage drop in the system.

Deep cycle batteries do not exist for cars and light trucks that I know of - they are primarily for marine, golf cart and big diesel engine, big-rig trucks. You run a deep cycle battery down to nothing without damaging the battery, then recharge it without experiencing plate flaking within the battery. A deep cycle marine battery could start a cold automobile engine and never have a draw-down problem. Most car starters draw from 60 to 100 amps at most. A T-105 battery could turn that starter over for 115 minutes. The best car battery would last about 10 minutes at 100 amps drain.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#498988 - 06/18/20 08:01 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
No jobs since Mid March, and got a few emails from the Senior dance clubs that I have been performing for over 15 years, the facilities are open but for other activities, as you know, Ballroom dancing is not social distancing, in one email, mention that may evaluate the situation in late September or October, and to be honest, I think wont be any ballroom dancing until a vaccine is available. So.....I guess I will be considering early retirement.....

Manuel

#498998 - 06/19/20 04:56 AM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: mdorantes]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By mdorantes
No jobs since Mid March, and got a few emails from the Senior dance clubs that I have been performing for over 15 years, the facilities are open but for other activities, as you know, Ballroom dancing is not social distancing, in one email, mention that may evaluate the situation in late September or October, and to be honest, I think wont be any ballroom dancing until a vaccine is available. So.....I guess I will be considering early retirement.....

Manuel

I'm sorry to hear that Manuel, and I think your right, senior jobs will not really come back until there is a vaccine, and that's going to take awhile. And by them, who knows what "climate" will be like.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#499003 - 06/19/20 06:19 AM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: mdorantes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By mdorantes

Manuel

Manuel your not alone,..use this time off to practice and improve your act, try new things, just in case when it's time to return whenever that will be.
good luck.

#499059 - 06/19/20 04:09 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I just got home ~2 hours ago from an outdoor gig at a place where I'd played many times before. Also had one ~3 weeks ago. Both experiences reminded why I don't like outdoor gigs! I always insist on having a cover over me, and both places did provide that. For the first, we had a "mini heat wave" that week, with temps >90ยบ (hot for NC in late May). I was sweating before playing the first note. Gig went well overall, good response, etc. but I was "wiped" more than usual for hours afterwards.

Today - another place had us (duo) for an outdoor event. There was a "chance of rain" today - which kept fluctuating on the weather apps/channels. We set up, played about 6 songs, then the downpour came - and I mean downpour - the tent/cover kept things mostly dry other than a bit of 'spray', and wet cables for any cables on the ground. I brought everything in my house to dry out just in case (in the A/C low humidity of the house).

I am thinking of not taking any more outdoor gigs!!!

Jim

Edited by jimlaing (06/19/20 04:09 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online