SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#498921 - 06/17/20 12:44 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Dave, just tested again my 30 plus year old power inverter.

Powered 2 Roland Cubes, Marantz voice rover, Edirol mixer, and G70.

Full power..

My inverter is 4500 watts (surge) and 2000 watts continuous.
18.5 amps.

Connected to my Buick, you can run the car or not and will last for hours..Also has a low battery warning.

You could carry a 12v car battery in a case and connect to the inverter., on the boat (The boat most likely has an inverter on board).

Attachments
0617201454_HDR.png

#498922 - 06/17/20 01:01 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
How long is it safe to run on a car battery without the car running before you ruin your battery?

#498925 - 06/17/20 01:20 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Better inverters have protection built in and as I mentioned, warnings. There are also level meters.

I have used the inverter overnight (at least 8 hours) without affecting the battery,.. Started the engine , no problem.

Good batteries are around 800 cold crank amps.. My example probably less than 5 amps... Do the math smile

When I used it with my old truck (you remember that), I used a second battery with an isolator for separate charging.. I also had that truck equipped with an altered alternator (81 amps)..

#498926 - 06/17/20 01:35 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
We don't DO math at the lake. bart

#498929 - 06/17/20 02:20 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
My cousin from up north, who used to do 2 gigs a day..said no one is hiring.

Then today a gig cancelled for heat and wind.

I’m guessing the live gig scene is changing....especially for senior gigs. As he said, maybe time to look at an alternate source of income

#498931 - 06/17/20 02:27 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: montunoman]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By montunoman

I've been using the Bose S1 Pro (battery powered) and a Flash Fish powered station for my KB, mixer and vocal processor. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-FlashFis...1592399703&

I'm on this page right now, it's an interesting thing.

But this picture kind of bugs me:

According to this, this battery makes as much noise as a petrol generator. So, I guess, it's just a typo, right? How careless that would be!

#498936 - 06/17/20 04:04 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: Kabinopus]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
Originally Posted By montunoman

I've been using the Bose S1 Pro (battery powered) and a Flash Fish powered station for my KB, mixer and vocal processor. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-FlashFis...1592399703&

I'm on this page right now, it's an interesting thing.

But this picture kind of bugs me:

According to this, this battery makes as much noise as a petrol generator. So, I guess, it's just a typo, right? How careless that would be!

Sorry, I don't don't have a very mathematical mind, so that chart doesn't make sense to me, but I Flash Fish is working great for me. No noise at all.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#498937 - 06/17/20 04:07 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By guitpic1
My cousin from up north, who used to do 2 gigs a day..said no one is hiring.

Then today a gig cancelled for heat and wind.

I’m guessing the live gig scene is changing....especially for senior gigs. As he said, maybe time to look at an alternate source of income

Yes, I'd say so. I have a feeling these senior places will not want outsiders coming into the facilitates until Covid 19 is eradicated which is going to take awhile. By then the cooperation will be used to not paying entertainers and probably just stick with bingo and watching old movies for entertainment.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#498938 - 06/17/20 04:09 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There is no noise generated by a battery connected to an inverter. My inverter was 2,500-watts, pure sine-wave and the length of time that you can run it is based upon ampere hours of your battery - not cranking amps - they are two entirely different things.

My boat batteries had a capacity of 650 ampere hours, which is enough to run all my gear on the boat, flat screen TV, 750-watt microwave oven, lights, freshwater pumps, laptop, S-950, Bose L1 Compact, etc... for about 3 days without running the batteries down below the 10-volt load level. Even at that, I could still fire up the engine and recharge the batteries, but it took quite a while with a 50-amp alternator.

As for damaging the battery, not remotely possible unless you run it down to flat dead, which would preclude the function of the inverter once the voltage gets below 10 volts. You would have to drag the battery way below 10-volts before the plates would begin flaking. No worries, Dave.

So, when you select a battery, select it by ampere hour rating - not cranking amps. Cranking amps only tell you the maximum amount of amperage the battery can provide under load, which is only for a very short duration. Ampere hours tell you the numbers of hours you can provide a specific amount of amperes and what is available in the battery capacity.

That's probably a lot more technical information on batteries than most folks would understand, but I know this stuff because I'm very old! smile

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (06/17/20 04:11 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#498942 - 06/17/20 05:49 PM Re: Are Senior Venue Gigs Returning? [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The Cold Cranking amperage is the Torture test.. An 800 CCA is a powerful battery You can be assured the higher the CCA the better amp performance (CA).

Standard battery is rated at 400 CCA, and amperage is considerably lower..

I just replaced my Buick battery with a 800 CCA, the amperage is 1000A

It was the best battery I could find at the time (I needed it immediately, So Advanced Auto got my money).

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online