SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#498800 - 06/16/20 02:07 AM David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

#498917 - 06/17/20 11:19 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I grew up in the Military (Air Force). Lived overseas a lot. Understand the reason for the term Ugly American. Often, I was afraid of people from wherever I was.

Can't imagine what it's like now, since the 2016 election.

R.

#498930 - 06/17/20 02:26 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Crossover Offline

People over here are absolutely aware that America is split in two halves...

#498945 - 06/18/20 12:02 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Crossover]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By Crossover
People over here are absolutely aware that America is split in two halves...

Trump is totally responsible for this split. He is anti-American and only cares about his money and power. Supporting white supremacists and Nazi organizations is bound to have that effect on civilized people. I'm Afraid Of Americans is absolutely relevant under this administration. He has declared bankruptcy 3 times already and has been a multi billion $ burden on the USA. Don't know why people don't realize that he has cost us all money.

Why the USA has become the world's epicenter of corona virus. How did most other nations avoid becoming the disaster that the USA has become. Do you think it maybe due to having ineffective leadership? Of course it is.

#498969 - 06/18/20 01:21 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Nigel

Trump is totally responsible for this split. He is anti-American and only cares about his money and power.

Hopefully more people 'over there' see this, and manage to do what's nessesary to send this guy out off the Oval Office.
I'm tempted to use words I rarely use to caracteristic Mr.Trump, and that is: What a damn jerk! 😱
Too bad that's mostly the money that open the way to who's gonna be the Precident of the USA....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#498993 - 06/19/20 12:21 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: gambler]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Gambler I don't see anything in your link other than a Google page in Japanese text.

Probably better to save the image and add it to the File Manager here.

#498994 - 06/19/20 12:26 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

The bad guy chasing David Bowie in this video is actually Trent Reznor the singer for Nine Inch Nails.

#499000 - 06/19/20 05:12 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
gambler Offline

Gambler I don't see anything in your link other than a Google page in Japanese text.

Probably better to save the image and add it to the File Manager here.

Hi Nigel,
I have had a look and updated the link. For some reason my Google drive permissions had changed. Hopefully it's working now as I don't know how to add a photo with file manager

Kind regards,

Russ

Edited by gambler (06/19/20 05:56 AM)

#499002 - 06/19/20 05:55 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The bad guy chasing David Bowie in this video is actually Trent Reznor the singer for Nine Inch Nails.

Maybe a better title would be "I'm afraid of Nine Inch Nails?"
smile

#499062 - 06/19/20 05:54 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
gambler Offline

Hi Nigel,

l think l've worked out the file manager.

Kind regards,

Russ

Attachments
2222 Donald and his crayons.jpg

#499066 - 06/20/20 02:05 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Maybe a better title would be "I'm afraid of Nine Inch Nails?"
smile

No the rest of the world is afraid of DJT not Trevor Reznor. He scares us all and unfortunately he represents Americans to the world.

#499072 - 06/20/20 05:32 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

He doesn't scare ALL of us. Lot's of other stuff does, though.

#499134 - 06/20/20 08:35 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

He doesn't scare ALL of us. Lot's of other stuff does, though.

If someone who suggests injecting bleach doesn't scare you well good luck with that. After saying that there were a bunch of bleach poisonings across the nation. So there are plenty of people as dumb as him it seems.

At his under attended rally in Tusla he continued to say dumb stuff.

"He also complained that more testing had revealed more cases of the disease caused by coronavirus.

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’ They test and they test,” Trump said.

Yeah slowing down testing will fix everything. I guess you would agree with that. crazy Or are you smarter than that Dave?

Trump is the most stupid and dangerous president in history. Even George Bush and Colin Powell both dedicated Republicans have crossed party lines to say they will not support him in 2020. That says everything.

#499142 - 06/21/20 03:53 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm not here to debate with you Nigel. We're friends .... with different viewpoints. Keep up the great work on the forum - it's a valuable resource for all of us, and Happy Father's Day if it applies!

#499144 - 06/21/20 05:20 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Maybe I got it wrong but from what I've read and observed, this is Trump's view of the world.

1. Black NFL players - "Son's of Bitches"
2. White Supremacists at Charlottesville - "mighty fine people"
3. Peaceful protesters - "thugs and terrorist"
4. Mexicans - "murderers and rapist"
5. Kim Jong Un/Xi Jinping/Rodrigo Duterte - "strong leaders"
6. The mainstream media - "enemy of the people"
7. Generals Mattis, Colin Powell, John Kelly, Mark Milley - "overrated"
8. Obama - "not a citizen", also to blame for everything bad in the country
9. Thousands of DOCUMENTED lies spoken brazenly on TV or in tweets
10. Making a mockery of the Justice system and using the government as his personal profit center
11. Giving new meaning to Cronyism and Nepotism while filling top govt. posts with incompetents (like himself)

I could go on but it only gets worse. The thing is, if you can overlook these "minor imperfections" and align yourself with this guy, what does that say about you? Personally, I don't believe it is possible to be "friends" with someone with a polar opposite view of what is an accepted view of basic decency and morality. But hey, I understand. Taking the moral high ground might mean having to sacrifice some of your sacred, god-given privileges, or at least having to extend them to those not so fortunate.

chas

#499151 - 06/21/20 07:18 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

All I'll say is that we ALL have the same God given privileges. What you do with them, is another story.

#499156 - 06/21/20 08:36 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

All I'll say is that we ALL have the same God given privileges. What you do with them, is another story.

Anyone in America (or the world) who believes that has either been living under a rock (for 400 years) or is suffering from severe brain damage. I sincerely wish that people like you could live just ONE DAY as a Black man in America, just for the educational value. Sadly, true believers will NEVER see anything other than what they want to see. Example - the holier-than-thou so-called Evangelicals that are willing to overlook (in Trump) everything they supposedly believe in just to get a few right-wing judges appointed to the courts (courts, I'll remind you, that are supposed to be apolitical to start with). Of course, as usual, logic and reason count for zilch in the mind of the 'true believer'. "ALL have the same God given privileges".....sheesh, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. Good luck on your move.

chas

#499161 - 06/21/20 09:21 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Good luck on your move.

Thank you Chas. The official move takes place on June 30th, and I'm pretty excited. It's a new adventure, for sure.

#499172 - 06/21/20 10:29 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Uncle Dave]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I am in lock step with Nigel and Chas on all things "Trump".

Been following his career way before he decided to screw up the country.

What a national disgrace.

R.

#499205 - 06/21/20 05:32 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Don't worry, Joe Biden is going to lead us to the er a.....

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#499213 - 06/21/20 07:29 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Classic Trump. When all else fails, resort to sarcasm. If Biden does win, at least I'll have a president that doesn't hate me (and anyone else that doesn't look like him). Sure hope no one is uninformed enough to attempt to draw a moral equivalency between Trump and Biden. That would be laughable.

#499218 - 06/22/20 01:14 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

It is a real pity Michelle Obama doesn't want to run. She would absolutely nail it. But she is too smart to even want the job after spending 8 years in the WH with Barrack.

#499224 - 06/22/20 04:43 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

No fake news here. Read this and tell me if this guy could EVER be president for ALL the people. Be honest, now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections...NEuJ?li=BBnb7Kz

chas

#499232 - 06/22/20 07:32 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: cgiles]
kbrkr Offline

Classic Trump. When all else fails, resort to sarcasm. If Biden does win, at least I'll have a president that doesn't hate me (and anyone else that doesn't look like him). Sure hope no one is uninformed enough to attempt to draw a moral equivalency between Trump and Biden. That would be laughable.

Chas, you've been watching WAY too much CNN. I'd like to see you prove Trump is a racist. He's done more for people of color than Obama ever did.

#499238 - 06/22/20 10:01 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

I don't know what world you're living in but then I guess you're asking if I believe you or "my lying eyes". It always amazes me how people like you think they know more about 'people of color' and what affects them, than 'people of color' themselves. Ok, so the next time I want to know something about Black people, or what it means to be Black in America, I'll give you a call. Wow, what's next? Prove Hitler was anti-Semitic? If I'm watching too much CNN, I just have to ask, what ON EARTH are YOU watching?

chas

#499241 - 06/22/20 11:13 AM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: kbrkr]
Gerry M Offline

Loc: Sahuarita Arizona
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Sorry Al, Trump has done nothing for people of color. This Wikipedia article says it all.

Gerry M

#499243 - 06/22/20 12:07 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Please don’t put any faith into Wikipedia.
“Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time. This means that any information it contains at any particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong. ... Wikipedia generally uses reliable secondary sources, which vet data from primary sources.”

#499249 - 06/22/20 12:35 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

So Dave, are you saying that you DON'T believe he's a racist.....and that, furthermore, he's the Black man's best friend? And oh yeah, the nation is so much more diverse, cohesive, inclusive, tolerant, and accepting, since his administration took over. Heck, I hear he (Trump) has come flat out against slavery.....at least, in principal. I guess that explains why there are so many Black and Brown people at his rallys. Just sayin'.

chas

#499266 - 06/22/20 04:06 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Chas, I'm not saying anything on this topic, other than Wikipedia is not a reliable source of info

#499267 - 06/22/20 04:59 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Okay, let's discount Wikipedia and consider every OTHER source (except maybe FOX News) and I'm pretty sure the results would be the same. As I said before, even the racist think he's a racist; they ought to know. I still have a hard time understanding why seemingly decent, intelligent people would embrace this very flawed man; unless they shared his value system. I'd sure like to hear some other explanation since I WANT to believe that most people are moral and decent.

chas

Edited by cgiles (06/22/20 05:08 PM)

#499268 - 06/22/20 05:25 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: cgiles]
kbrkr Offline

I don't know what world you're living in but then I guess you're asking if I believe you or "my lying eyes". It always amazes me how people like you think they know more about 'people of color' and what affects them, than 'people of color' themselves. Ok, so the next time I want to know something about Black people, or what it means to be Black in America, I'll give you a call. Wow, what's next? Prove Hitler was anti-Semitic? If I'm watching too much CNN, I just have to ask, what ON EARTH are YOU watching?

chas

You still haven't proven he's racist. Making an accusation does not make him a racist. He's supported the black community his whole life. Has been praised by the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, etc. and on and on. I've been through the race riots of the 60's, the Rodney King demonstrations, assassination of JFK, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, I grew up in New York; I know exactly what racism is. However, the people who always focus on race, like yourself, are the ones who are the racists. I live my life without judging anyone except by the content of their character and the respect they have for themselves, others, and this country. Throwing the term around like it's a verb does not help the cause one bit.

#499269 - 06/22/20 05:39 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Chas, I didn't come here to debate, I just wanted to visit, and see what was going on. There's plenty of sparring partners for you, if you choose to engage them. I'm not one to argue politics, but (somewhat) like you, I DO believe that most people ARE moral and just. That's also very close to the last words written in the play "The Diary of Anne Frank". Not sure if it was the actual diary, or just the play, but they are powerful words that promote peace, and restore faith in mankind.

#499270 - 06/22/20 05:54 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: kbrkr]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By kbrkr
I grew up in New York; I know exactly what racism is.

I've been Black in America for 70+ years; I think I know what racism is too. Nothing like personal experience, my brother. As far as "supporting the Black community his whole life", tell that to the Blacks who were denied access to his rental properties (resulting in his being sued). I already know that no amount of facts are going to change your mind which is already firmly made up, so I'll just say this; this country is chock full of people who see themselves as 'not a racist' but are more than happy to overlook or even deny it's presence, even in the face of undeniable facts. BTW, if you're going to plagiarize MLK ("judging anyone except by the content of their character"), that's not the phrase you want to use if you're trying to exonerate Mr. Trump. For starters, you have to HAVE character in order for it to be judged.

chas

#499271 - 06/22/20 05:59 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)

#499272 - 06/22/20 06:01 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Dave, you're the William F. Buckley of the forum. Luckily, some of us have an IQ over 80.

chas

#499273 - 06/22/20 06:04 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
The heartbeat of racism is denial.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online