SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#499268 - 06/22/20 05:25 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: cgiles]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Originally Posted By cgiles
I don't know what world you're living in but then I guess you're asking if I believe you or "my lying eyes". It always amazes me how people like you think they know more about 'people of color' and what affects them, than 'people of color' themselves. Ok, so the next time I want to know something about Black people, or what it means to be Black in America, I'll give you a call. Wow, what's next? Prove Hitler was anti-Semitic? If I'm watching too much CNN, I just have to ask, what ON EARTH are YOU watching?

chas

You still haven't proven he's racist. Making an accusation does not make him a racist. He's supported the black community his whole life. Has been praised by the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, etc. and on and on. I've been through the race riots of the 60's, the Rodney King demonstrations, assassination of JFK, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, I grew up in New York; I know exactly what racism is. However, the people who always focus on race, like yourself, are the ones who are the racists. I live my life without judging anyone except by the content of their character and the respect they have for themselves, others, and this country. Throwing the term around like it's a verb does not help the cause one bit.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#499269 - 06/22/20 05:39 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Chas, I didn't come here to debate, I just wanted to visit, and see what was going on. There's plenty of sparring partners for you, if you choose to engage them. I'm not one to argue politics, but (somewhat) like you, I DO believe that most people ARE moral and just. That's also very close to the last words written in the play "The Diary of Anne Frank". Not sure if it was the actual diary, or just the play, but they are powerful words that promote peace, and restore faith in mankind.

#499270 - 06/22/20 05:54 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: kbrkr]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By kbrkr
I grew up in New York; I know exactly what racism is.

I've been Black in America for 70+ years; I think I know what racism is too. Nothing like personal experience, my brother. As far as "supporting the Black community his whole life", tell that to the Blacks who were denied access to his rental properties (resulting in his being sued). I already know that no amount of facts are going to change your mind which is already firmly made up, so I'll just say this; this country is chock full of people who see themselves as 'not a racist' but are more than happy to overlook or even deny it's presence, even in the face of undeniable facts. BTW, if you're going to plagiarize MLK ("judging anyone except by the content of their character"), that's not the phrase you want to use if you're trying to exonerate Mr. Trump. For starters, you have to HAVE character in order for it to be judged.

chas

#499271 - 06/22/20 05:59 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)

#499272 - 06/22/20 06:01 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dave, you're the William F. Buckley of the forum. Luckily, some of us have an IQ over 80.

chas

#499273 - 06/22/20 06:04 PM Re: David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
The heartbeat of racism is denial.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online