SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#498431 - 06/10/20 08:38 AM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
** You then need to do some math to cut out everything EXCEPT your 8-16 bars addition...

I didn't cut anything. I thought the copied bars,when inserted at the designated measure,would make room for the new bars and then proceed with the remainder of the song. In other words,making the song so many bars longer,with the addition in the middle.

#498435 - 06/10/20 09:32 AM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I tried the way you did it...it is weird...and it merged everything...don't want that...BUT

I would do this...

Take full song......Merge it, but start the MERGE on the next BAR at END of song...

Eg,,,64 bar song merge all and insert at bar 65...Now you have 128 bars....I would then take from the last half of the song the 16 bars and INSERT where I needed...and delete the rest of additional bars..

OH, I ALSO DID THE COPY FIRST AND INSERTED THE SILENCE,,,THEN I WENT BACK AND PUT THE BARS IN FROM THE LAST HALF OF SONG...SILENCE WAS FILLED WITH THE TRACK YOU COULD NOW SOLO ON...

Once I reloaded it everything was there...

IT'S CONFUSING AS HECK BUT CAN BE DONE

#498445 - 06/10/20 12:06 PM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Steve
Thank you for all your trouble. I will tinker with your solutions.

Bernie

#498452 - 06/10/20 12:59 PM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bernie, I just want to share what I have done when I've wanted to add a 'solo' section in a SMF ...
Let's say the first verse is A to B, the bridge/chorus is C to D, and the last verse is E to F, with F being the ending of the SMF.
If I want to perform a solo over A to B and then go back to the bridge/chorus, I would COPY A through F, and insert it where I want it. I would then eliminate any note data and other info from the track I want to solo on.
Note: As Steve A may have alluded to, what must be taken into consideration when inserting A to F is how many bars before the ending it must be inserted so that you don't play the ending before starting your solo at A.
Copying A through F saves all the end of the SMF data so the song will end as it should.
Obviously, this extends the song quite a bit, but it is in line with how songs are usually performed by band.

If I were looking to only add 8 or 16 bars from A to B, let's say after the bridge, figuring that I need the midi data (bass line, chord changes etc. for those bars), I would COPY the bars I want, insert them after the bridge, and remove the notes,etc, I do not need from the bars I want to play over.

There may be some trial and error involved in order to achieve the proper transition into and out of the solo part.

I know this sounds confusing, but I hope it helps.

Any questions feel free to ask.

#498465 - 06/10/20 02:04 PM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Tony
I have no doubt that you know what I'm after,that taking out some of the fluff from inserted measures is best for soloing. I,on the other hand,can't get my Pa4X to insert anything. It will delete,but not insert. I suspect something is wrong with the keyboard,as I have taken all the advice offered. I am wondering about a DAW for a simple copy and paste. Even if I solo'd over a section with only the melody muted,I would have measures to play and break up the vocal. The problem is that I designate the the target measure for the copied date and nothing changes at all.

Thank you for your input. I will soldiar on.

#498469 - 06/10/20 02:29 PM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Hi Tony
I,on the other hand,can't get my Pa4X to insert anything. It will delete,but not insert. I suspect something is wrong with the keyboard,as I have taken all the advice offered.

Can you CUT?

The top half of screen is CUT.... is EXECUTE white or shaded? on the bottom half of of screen is INSERT...is EXECUTE white or shaded as well??? i do have to sometimes reboot PA 4X for it to unshade and go reboot to get the EXECUTE to be white and ready to be used...I get the same glitch every so often when editing. In fact i think I almost sent it back becuase it did it 3 times in arow..Then it started working.......

ALSO: Do you have the NEXT GENERATION 3.1 OS installed???

if not, you should...if so, Maybe a re-install of 3.1 OS is in order...That is a software problem Bernie PERIOD...I BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL PA 4X THE FIRST MONTH IT CAME OUT IN 2015, THIS IS MY 2ND ONE & IT STILL DOES THE SAME THING...

I just reboot...

#498470 - 06/10/20 03:11 PM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Bernie, is there any mention of a bug like this on the Korg forums? The PA4X isn't "new" and there are a LOT of users. Also the OS is pretty similar to the Pa900, Pa700, etc. so if PA4X has a "bug" about this the others probably do too.

The Korg Forums have a lot of users. For some, English as their second language but I've often found useful info there.

#498499 - 06/11/20 01:38 AM Re: SMF Edit Pa4X [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Ted,
There has been very little response at the Pa4X forum,perhaps due to my inarticulate wording,few people editing midifiles,or they don't experience the problem.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online