SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#498366 - 06/09/20 11:59 AM Re: My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Loved your rendition, Don. I remember this song well.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#498371 - 06/09/20 12:11 PM Re: My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Loved your rendition, Don. I remember this song well.

All the best,

Gary cool

Hank Thompson, also from Oklahoma, did that song, and I had the pleasure of playing it while he sang it with me when he came to town for the Louisiana Hayride anniversary celebration some years ago.
He and his band stayed at the hotel where HankB had his lounge. I was helping HankB out when I had the time and I was playing the night they were there. Hank Thompson sang a half dozen or so of his hits, and was a little impressed that I knew them all. I do recall him asking for "A Six Pack To Go", and I started it at the tempo at which he had recorded it. He stopped me and said he hadn't done it that slow since the day he recorded it. He gave me the tempo and I turned the knob and off we went, at about double speed!
He passed away not too long after that. He still had that big booming voice even in his last years.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online