SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#498286 - 06/08/20 04:54 AM Re: Inspired by the lake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave, beautifully done, you ARE a pro. I used a Digitech Studio for many years.

I wish you the best, you have a searching heart, John C.

#498290 - 06/08/20 06:23 AM Re: Inspired by the lake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
You should work for Digitech or TC Helicon or somebody-nice job. smile

#498297 - 06/08/20 07:45 AM Re: Inspired by the lake ... [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Really nice Dave

#498304 - 06/08/20 11:08 AM Re: Inspired by the lake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Thanks guys ... I'm sitting on my sisters deck .... watching the lake do it's thing (very relaxing) so I decided to assemble a short movie to post, since I have all my gear packed up right now. Many of you have heard that track before, and I love posting it to show that even 20-30 yr old gear can perform well in today's market -
if you use it correctly. I've used vocal harmony as a main feature in my act since waaaaaay back. I consider it a brand signature. When I don't have it ... I feel lonely.

I've said this before; the Lettermen had very plain, uninteresting voices individually, and that's part of why they blended so well in harmony. I think the key to tight, vocal harmony is much like having a stunning Chorus line - all dancers the same basic height, leg length etc ... the individual parts make up the whole. If one voice stands out too much - it takes the focus away from the ensemble, and sometimes, the ensemble is more important than the lead voice. There are plenty of instances where I feature my lead, and support it with background harmony, but Nightingale was an ensemble piece. There's almost NO lead or melody - they all work together to create the wash of sound. I LOVE that sound. Four Freshmen, Four Aces, Mills Brothers, Beach Boys .... this is the sound I try to honor. NOT copy - but to emulate the creative specialty of the vocal interactions. Love, it, love it, love it. Thanks again for the kind words! As soon as I get settled, I plan to post regularly - you will all be my audience - for as long as you can stand it! LOL

#498309 - 06/08/20 11:17 AM Re: Inspired by the lake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
OT, but I'll throw this out there in case a Yamaha employee is reading. If Digitech technology can sound that good why in the world doesn't Yamaha license it? They could probably get it for a song and something like the Genos should have a top-quality harmony unit for $5000.

#498312 - 06/08/20 12:03 PM Re: Inspired by the lake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
Sitting on the Dock of the Bay! Comes to mind!

#498316 - 06/08/20 02:43 PM Re: Inspired by the lake ... [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
If Digitech technology can sound that good why in the world doesn't Yamaha license it? .

I've been asking that question for YEARS!!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online