SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#498140 - 06/05/20 03:03 AM RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I can't believe we are still at this point in 2020. It is tragic and inexcusable. It makes me uncomfortable being white when I know this will most probably never happen to me. It shouldn't happen to anyone.

#498141 - 06/05/20 03:22 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
+1

😢

#498143 - 06/05/20 05:10 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Nigel
I can't believe we are still at this point in 2020. It is tragic and inexcusable. It makes me uncomfortable being white when I know this will most probably never happen to me. It shouldn't happen to anyone.

You don't need to feel uncomfortable for being a decent, empathetic, and AWARE human being. It's the attitude of those that REFUSE to acknowledge or accept that 'taking a knee' has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with patriotism, the flag, or the military, that worry me the most. Sadly, so many of our so-called older friends believe that because they WANT to believe it. That way, they don't have to acknowledge or confront the TRUE reason for this peaceful form of protest. Gotta' give Trump credit for one thing though, he knows how to 'read the crowd' and exploit their basic prejudices for (his) political gain.

chas (10yr Vet + 3 in Air Guard)

Edited by cgiles (06/05/20 08:38 AM)

#498160 - 06/05/20 11:40 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Absolutely sad! Not all that proud of our country at the moment.

I am the guardian of two challenged African American children and their mom. Was guardian of Grandpa and Grandma. They are treated with much less compassion and love than they deserve.

To their credit, some justifiably concerned African Americans politely check my association with the two black youngsters when we are out together.

What's not ok is the number of calls I get from the pastor and church members who ask for personal favors, money, cars, etc. If I don't respond favorably (remember, these are parishioners of George's church who did NOTHING for them)I'm accused of cleaning out Georges bank account (he was broke), called a cracker and a bigot for not coming up with what they wanted.

When I had to leave the grandma's funeral to remove the grandson with severe mental challenges (mom was kicked out of the dad's service due to disruptions) so that the daughter could be at the service, I was accused of thinking I was too good to be there.

What all this means is, you have to be careful to stereotype all members of any race or culture.

Individual recognition is getting increasingly hard in this "cookie cutter" world.

We need to judge people for who they are, and treat every living person as one of value.

Best personal regards to EVERYONE.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (06/07/20 10:02 AM)

#498162 - 06/05/20 12:40 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]

Originally Posted By cgiles
......Gotta' give Trump credit for one thing though, he knows how to 'read the crowd' and exploit their basic prejudices for (his) political gain.

By watch and read whats going on 'over the pond' via different media, I'm really confused about that so much people in America don't seem to realize what a extremely self-centered and disrespectful clown they has choosed as the 'leader' of the country. 😱
Just by watch his daily press conferences that's been broadcasted worldwide, and to read his countless Twitter-messages should be more than enough to make the alarm bells chime for most people. 🔔
'MR. Make Myself Bigger' might be some sort of an comedian in a reality show at TV or at the golf course, but heck, he is the President for one of (that once was?) the worlds greatest and powerful nations! 🙄
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#498187 - 06/05/20 03:51 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Our very good friend and neighbor speaks at a rally in Ventura honoring George Floyd yesterday.

#498191 - 06/05/20 07:15 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

#498238 - 06/07/20 10:06 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

A new favorite of mine, Candace Springs, has an excellent version of Strange Fruit.

Admiration goes to your neighbor, Nigel.

Russ

#498281 - 06/07/20 10:55 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By captain Russ
A new favorite of mine, Candace Springs, has an excellent version of Strange Fruit.

Admiration goes to your neighbor, Nigel.

Russ

She actually spoke a lot more referencing George but the video got cut off early.

#498282 - 06/07/20 11:15 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

It's the attitude of those that REFUSE to acknowledge or accept that 'taking a knee' has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with patriotism, the flag, or the military, that worry me the most.
chas (10yr Vet + 3 in Air Guard)

Colin Kaepernick said in August 2016, when the press first noticed his refusal to stand for the national anthem. “To me, this is bigger than football, and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder"

The NFL really needs to apologize to Colin for the hell they have given him. We need to have him back playing again and telling us the truth.

#498412 - 06/09/20 10:35 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

You don't need to feel uncomfortable for being a decent, empathetic, and AWARE human being.

I know chas but I think everyone should feel uncomfortable about this. If we all did then this wouldn't happen. But we obviously aren't there yet.

#499303 - 06/23/20 11:02 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
ANALYSIS/OPINION:

I know of no white person alive today in the United States who has ever legally owned a black slave, or any slave for that matter. Almost 700,000 mostly white men died 160 years ago to end slavery. Jim Crow ended generations ago. Yet black America, for the most part, is still locked in inner-city gang violence and economic hardship. Why?

Is it because America is racist? Is it because of some overhanging white supremacy? Is it because of the Illuminati?

No, unfortunately, it is because of black culture and the adoption of Democratic Party government dependency.

We have just had eight years of the first black president. Black athletes, and entertainers, routinely earn multi-million dollar incomes. I can easily name several black billionaires without even trying too hard. A large percentage of black America is very successful. But, it is not enough. Too many black youth are being left behind.

And it is no one but black America’s fault.

No one can solve this problem but black America. No one can throw enough money at it. We’ve tried that. Black America needs to look in the mirror and stop blaming others, especially white people.

I am obviously white and conservative, and I served in the military, which, during my time, was as color blind as you could be. I can also honestly say I don’t give a damn what color your skin is, neither do any of my friends. I do care about your actions.

Blacks are around 15 percent of the population. Depending on what study you look at, they commit around 40 percent to 50 percent of violent crime in America. Of course, there is going to be a problem with police. And, of course, there are some bad policemen. However, those bad apples do not kill black people statistically anymore than they kill white people. Even Harvard said that recently. If you were a cop, and you had to work in a neighborhood infested with crime and murder, wouldn’t you act differently than in a neighborhood where there was little crime? The most effective thing black America could do to improve its relationship with police is to significantly reduce violent crime where they live. Yes, that means change the culture of where you live and your community.

I for one am tired of being blamed. I am tired of dealing with people who only want something from others I don’t oppress anyone. I don’t hold anyone down. I’m tired of getting on the D.C. metro and seeing white people being harassed by roaming gangs of black youth with their pants around their knees. Yes, you want a white person uncomfortable? That makes me uncomfortable. It’s our nation’s capital and it’s embarrassing.

Blacks have nothing but opportunity in America. Try finding the same opportunity anywhere else in the world. If you are born in America you’ve won life’s economic lottery. Take advantage of it.

The problem is this generation has been taught an agenda of cultural Marxism by our education system. They’ve been taught to be a victim, and it’s still going on. All you have to do is watch the young black, female student at Yale screaming at the college president to understand that. Blacks in America don’t even know how good they got it.

Don’t kneel when my anthem is played. Too many people died for that flag. You are free to protest but not then. I am free to not watch, or pay to watch you play if you do that. The NFL should make it a rule that you stand for the national anthem. There is no free speech to disobey a private employer on private property. This would solve the problem immediately.

The NFL has deeply offended most of America. They will pay an economic and reputational price, as they should.

We have a real cultural problem in this country, the result of the Leftist multicultural agenda. Multi-ethnicity is perfect and should be encouraged.. Having more than one American culture is destroying the country. But then again, that is what the Left wants.

Do Black Lives Matter?

It is your job to determine if this is a racist rant or just a review of factual data...

WHAT IF ALL THE BLACKS SUDDENLY LEFT AMERICA, WHICH IS 13.3% OF THE TOTAL U.S.POPULATION:

Amount of people in poverty would drop - 34%,
The prison population would go down by -37%,
Welfare recipients would go down by - - - 42%,
Gang members would go down by - - - - - 53%
Chlamydia cases would go down - - - - - - 54%,
Homelessness would go down - - - - - - - -57%
Syphilis would go down - - - - - - - - - - - - 58%.
AIDS & HIV would go down by - - - - - - - -65%,
Gonorrhea would go down - - - - - - - - - - -69%,
Average ACT scores would go UP - - - - - 5.5 points.
Average IQ would go UP - - - - - - - - - - - -7.4 points, putting us 3rd in the world tied with Japan,
Average SAT scores would go UP almost - - - - -100 points,
The average income for Americans would go UP over $20,000 a year,

BUT DEMOCRATS WOULD LOSE 76% OF THEIR VOTING BASE!!!

And, many criminal defense attorneys would have to find another line of work!

Yes, Black lives do matter. But I submit to you “ALL LIVES MATTER“

#499309 - 06/23/20 11:49 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: salsaman]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By salsaman

It is your job to determine if this is a racist rant or just a review of factual data...

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's a racist rant.

chas

#499310 - 06/23/20 11:54 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Everyone here has a right to his/her opinion, but DAMN!

Russ

#499321 - 06/23/20 02:12 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
All of those rants are easy to counter, but why bother.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499337 - 06/23/20 04:56 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)

Edited by Taike (06/23/20 04:59 PM)

#499356 - 06/24/20 03:04 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: salsaman]
Nigel Offline
Admin

salsaman I find your posting so unbelievably offensive I am banning you from this forum. You are a racist and are not welcome here.

If there is anyone else here who supports this viewpoint let me know now so I can take care of it.

This is a private forum and I don't guarantee everyone having a right to express an opinion when it is this hateful and offensive. I won't tolerate it. I simply don't want people like that here and don't have to.

We have African-Americans on this forum who also served in the military to protect us all. How do you think they feel about what you said? I feel sick about it but I know they must feel much worse than I can possibly imagine.

#499432 - 06/25/20 10:26 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Thanks, Nigel. Like Chas and I are, you and I are pretty much joined at the hip in many idealistic ways.

Russ

#499451 - 06/25/20 05:21 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

It's always sad to see someone's true character exposed and it turns out not to be what you expected it to be. Is it just wishful thinking to assume that most people are basically 'good'? I certainly hope not but the events on this forum in the last few days certainly has me scratching my head. For the fifteen years that I have been here, the members of this forum have unanimously praised Nigel for administering and maintaining what most considered the best forum of it's type on the 'net. Then, following the lead of one 'respected' (depending on who you talk to) long-time member, a group of elderly, conservative, Trump followers suddenly decided that they too could no longer abide by what was 'going on' in the BAR. THE BAR!!!, which was specifically set up to provide a safe place to discuss 'WHATEVER' as long as it followed well spelled-out rules. In the current situation, NONE of these rules were violated. The obvious and reasonable response would be to simply NOT VISIT THE BAR, a separate open forum unrelated to ANY of the other MUSIC forums. Ahhh, Judas Escariot lives! Now suddenly Nigel is the worst person ever, almost as bad as chas smile. One of the defectors even thinks (his) God is being ridiculed. I suppose that's a reference to my Nietzsche quote but again, First Amendment, Freedom of Religion, etc., etc. Anyhow, it's interesting to see so many old men so eager to be on the wrong side of history. Biden may not be the best possible candidate but, like old age, it sure beats the alternative.

chas

#499462 - 06/25/20 08:00 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

If people have suddenly announced they are leaving due to my hardline treatment of racism on the forum then that is how it needs to be. I can handle political differences more sensitively but racism not at all. I don't care how I am perceived. I just attempt to be a kind human and care for my fellow humans.

#499463 - 06/25/20 08:11 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Biden may not be the best possible candidate but, like old age, it sure beats the alternative.

chas

I agree chas. I am not so comfortable with Joe being the Democrat candidate. I hope he picks a smart and forceful running mate. I actually wish Michelle Obama was running because she would hit it outa the park.

#499498 - 06/27/20 09:29 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Been thinking Michelle would be a great president (or vice president) for about 6 years.

Thanks, Nigel, for standing up for your beliefs. Politics make the world go round, and, sadly, the current regime has created
a dangerous mess unlike anything this country has ever seen.

To simply pretend that everything is OK is pure folly.

Russ

#499578 - 07/01/20 12:42 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I am sure a lot more people hate me now. I really don't care wink But I am fortunate to not have to care. That is not true for everyone.

#499580 - 07/01/20 02:47 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]

Originally Posted By Nigel
I am sure a lot more people hate me now. ....

If so, then it's not you that have the problems Nigel. Keep on the good work. 👌

Too bad that so many in US don't manage to see the bad and childish attitude the guy that they placed in the Oval Office constantly shows.
It's certainly not much of the noble art of leadership that's been seen from that person so far! 😲
To me it looks like his attitude and morality sinks deeper and deeper each time he shows up at press conferences, news or at other TV programs. 😱

#499581 - 07/01/20 02:55 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
No hate from me, Nigel, only respect.

"Most hatred is based on fear, one way or another."

#499618 - 07/02/20 06:34 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Taike]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By Taike
No hate from me, Nigel, only respect.

"Most hatred is based on fear, one way or another."

+1

I'm still baffled that they left over bar talk?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499895 - 07/12/20 07:17 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: lahawk]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
But it wasn't restricted to the bar, was it? Most recent posts in regular arranger forum totally anti Trump. I would call that offensive!. But administration doesn't address the problems and just bans someone for stating facts supporting the other side. Here's a fact for you: "Black lives don't matter any more than white lives and the only life that really matters is one's own life, So go head and ban me to. No great lost to me or you!

#499896 - 07/13/20 12:08 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: ekurburski]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By ekurburski
But it wasn't restricted to the bar, was it?

It absolutely was restricted to The Bar. Any threads that did become political were moved. What thread are you referring to? Post a link to it so I can see what you are talking about. I doubt you will be able to do that.

The only political mention in the General Arranger Forum was when people announced they were leaving. And they have now been removed as well.

Originally Posted By ekurburski
But administration doesn't address the problems and just bans someone for stating facts supporting the other side.

Who are you talking about? No-one was banned for just supporting either side. Only someone for a blatantly racist post and Fran was banned threatening me with his 2nd amendment rights. Idiot. Threatening Admin with gun violence will get you banned. Does that surprise you?

#499903 - 07/13/20 09:01 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
lahawk Offline

So I see all responses to this thread are IN THE BAR FORUM.

I still don't understand.

If I didn't like a conversation(s) in The Bar, I would simply not visit the bar, let alone comment, and certainly not leave the General Arranger forum because of Political Discussion in the bar.

I have learned to avoid topics on Facebook. But I wouldn't leave my beloved groups on Facebook (or forums on SynthZone) because of political or religious topics.

Please learn to ignore, and move on. I hope the friends I have on SZ, will reconsider, and come back to the long running, dedicated SynthZone.

BTW +1
I have not seen ANY Political discussion in the General Arranger Forum. That's a good thing for all

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499904 - 07/13/20 09:39 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: lahawk]

Originally Posted By lahawk
.... If I didn't like a conversation(s) in The Bar, I would simply not visit the bar, let alone comment, and certainly not leave the General Arranger forum because of Political Discussion in the bar...

+1

Anyway, by peek into the users list we can see they have not totally left SZ behind, just stopped write posts....
Time will heal most wounds some say, hopefully it's going to do so this time as well. 👍

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online